Version 14 - Dropbox sync not working after upgrading

circuitrider

Great to have 14 out!

Bug:  Dropbox is not able to sync.  Get the error "Application cannot be opened.   -50"

1 hour ago, circuitrider said:

Great to have 14 out!

Bug:  Dropbox is not able to sync.  Get the error "Application cannot be opened.   -50"

I’m fairly certain the email and release were a mistake. Beta testers have informed me the beta is still quite buggy and no release candidate has been put out. Also, there has been no announcement at all and the app itself hasn’t pushed the update either. 

Accordance 14 DOES synchronise with Dropbox, however only with Intel chip (tried it on my iMac 27" late 2015), not with the M1 chip in my MacBookPro. 

I can confirm that the update they sent out (v14) is definitely buggy.  For those of us who updated to v14 using the email link should be given a link to revert back to v13 until v14 is officially released.

4 hours ago, Misulejoha said:

I can confirm that the update they sent out (v14) is definitely buggy.  For those of us who updated to v14 using the email link should be given a link to revert back to v13 until v14 is officially released.

Me too, v14 has crashed multiple times on me whilst searching BHS. For now I reverted back to v13 (which is quite simple: delete v14 in Applications and install v13).

• Like 1

I was excited about Accordance 14 but it appears very buggy.  I use dropbox sync frequently (though it is not reliable and I am eagerly anticipating a fix for syncing), but now it is not working at all.  On my Mac, I am getting "application cannot be found".   When I try to link on my Windows computer,  it will not allow me to link at all.   It goes to the web browser and I click ALLOW to let it link, but it never does.  Without some syncing, Accordance is not near as useful since I use my Ipad frequently to access notes, papers, and tools.  Hope a fix is out soon.  

1 hour ago, Robin Reeve said:

So for me. I will revert to v. 13, waiting for a working app.

I did this after 15 mins of installing 14. Very buggy, indeed. 

I was surprised to see a release right before a holiday, anyway.  May have been a mistake as A. Smith said. 

11 hours ago, kurtkeller said:

Accordance 14 DOES synchronise with Dropbox, however only with Intel chip (tried it on my iMac 27" late 2015), not with the M1 chip in my MacBookPro. 

Makes sense!  My iMac is the M1

3 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

There are reports of Dropbox sync issues at the moment. We will be trying to get to the bottom of that. But it wouldn't hurt to install different versions on different computers. Theoretically, once the issues are fixed, they should both sync.

Looks like they are working on this per Rick Mansfield.  

They'll get it figured out - these guys are good.

I'll reinstall a week or two after some bug fixes.  Looking forward to it. 

17 hours ago, circuitrider said:

I was surprised to see a release right before a holiday, anyway.  May have been a mistake as A. Smith said. 

Hi, I don't know how to uninstall v. 14 and install v. 13...
How did you do ?

20 hours ago, circuitrider said:

according to official replies (and the sale email publicly announcing v14) my other thread, it was not a mistake. Unwise? Rushed? Perhaps. But it was intentional. 

• Like 1

I've got an intel Mac and the dropbox sync dialogue box shows up, with a 'stop' button. But the window shows no progress. 

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 16.09.09.png

7 hours ago, Robin Reeve said:

Hi, I don't know how to uninstall v. 14 and install v. 13...
How did you do ?

Hello!  You can go to the support menu from accordancebible.com.  Choose downloads.  You’ll see Accordance 13 available. You don’t have to overwrite Accordance 14 if you still want to play with it while they work on it.  You can run both versions.  Rick suggested renaming the accordance.app file to accordance13. 

• Thanks 1

Dropbox Sync works for me. I am on an M1 MacBook Pro 2020 ed., running macOS Monterey 12.2.1 with Accordance v14.0.1 . Another user said their Dropbox Sync isn't working, however, their M1 Mac is running macOS Ventura. I'm curious - for those above who are running on Apple Silicon, which macOS ver. are you running?

Edited by Ben Tovar

FYI, I reinstalled v. 13.
But now it still has bugs : even though I stated that the app should open with my last session if it was closed in the meanwhile, it opens on Genesis 1.
I presume that installing v. 14 froze some options...

At least, the text colour that I specified remains black and doesn't revert to red. 🙄

Edited by Robin Reeve

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off the phone with support and they said it is a bug and will be fixed in the next update.