Accordance cannot find Internet connection

francis spingarn

Hi, When I go to the Easy Install; the app tells me thqt it cannot find the Internet connection. Any hint ?

Thanks in advance.

Francis

Thank you, my connections to Internet are all valid and functioning, except for Accordance.  I even downloaded the app again; so there is a valid connection. Nevertheless when trying Easy Install (in French), I get the message "No internet connection has been found". I am still on the version 12; MacOs 10.11.6

Edited by francis spingarn

I've often hit slow downloads or drop outs on Accordance .  Do you have a "VPN' account?   You could try one of the American locations.  I've often found that allows me through to international servers that I can't pick up in the UK.  Accordance would not normally be restricted, but it might worth giving it a try.

• Like 1

just a shot in the dark, but perhaps this is hurricane related? Homebase is in Florida in area that was affected (thankfully not as badly as the Ft Myers area) by hurricane Ian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Try opening Terminal and typing ping accordancebible.com and let me know what comes back. Try the same with ping accordancefiles1.com 

That’ll help me to pinpoint if there’s a breakdown connecting to the server.

To my knowledge, Easy Install downloads from Amazon Web Services/AWS which is based out of Virginia, so I believe it’s outside the area impacted by the hurricane. 

• 1 month later...

It's Nov 12 2022, and my Easy Install keeps telling me no internet connection. Yet I'm on the internet with the same machine at the same time typing this comment. Any suggestions? The links to ping work just fine in Powershell. The issue is limited specifically to Accordance Easy Install.

Please note the most recent thread from Rick Mansfield, saying that the server may be off-line over the weekend as they prepare to change servers...

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

28 minutes ago, Paul Meiklejohn said:

Please note the most recent thread from Rick Mansfield, saying that the server may be off-line over the weekend as they prepare to change servers...

On this side of the Atlantic Wednesday is not part of the weekend... Anyway, it does not change the fact that I haven't been able to use Accordance today.

FWIW, @R. Mansfield indicated Wednesday, November 9 as the migration date, not the weekend.

Multiple threads are reporting server related issues.

Perhaps Rick or someone else at Accordance could shed some light on this.