trying to merge highlights

Kristin

This is primarily to @Tech Support but since it is the weekend I wanted to post here and see if anyone has ideas.

As most people know, I have had major highlight corruption issues, so I recently tried splitting the highlights into three sections for the OT. This technically kept the files small, but since switching between highlight files is a multi-step process, and I am doing this hundreds if not thousands of times a day, it is becoming not worth it. I thus need to merge the files and take my chances with corruption, but I am not sure how.

If I were to just merge them, it would crash since I already know that highlight files can only have 100 custom highlights, and each of my three has 77 custom highlights. Even if I only merged two of the three files together that would still be way over 100.

I think my goal could be accomplished two ways. One way is knowing how to merge the files. The other way is if there is a more practical way to flip between highlight files without it literally being an 8 step process. I am pretty sure the second idea is not possible, so I need help merging I guess

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

Sincerely,

Kristin