Shop Calculation is wrong

Fabian

Hello

For example the https://accordancebible.com/product/ivp-christian-fathers-bundle-59-volumes/

My Price $651.36: 650035559_Bildschirmfoto2022-05-27um07_12_27.thumb.png.083b2f65663c70f97e9f29e4a4d84c7b.png

But I only miss $379:1999242593_Bildschirmfoto2022-05-27um07_13_33.thumb.png.92b0682c0ba261cb2084996855b1c124.png

In earlier days we got then a smaller price as the missing parts together, NOT a higher price. If I remember correct the price with the old website was the same percentage off on the missing items as the whole bundle was. That means: As the Sales price is nearly the half of the full price, and the last item is also off from $759 to $375.

66783126_Bildschirmfoto2022-05-27um07_21_28.thumb.png.f740c57c5a8f2b1e2b12d1778cecd526.png

The price should be even smaller than $375 as the calculation on the single item page, but by far not bigger.

The new Shop calculation seems to be in error.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

I also want better "dynamic pricing," not working well right now.

• Like 1

“My price” is also much higher than the current total cost of the missing resources. I suspect that it’s not taking the sale into account. If I was really interested, I would send email to sales, but since I was just casually looking, I just closed the tab and went back to my work. I think better “my price” functionality would turn more casual interest into sales, and would therefore be development money well spent.

• Like 5

Yeah, the prices have gotten even more wonky than before. Try comparing levels of owned collections.

The price/ownership problems have been lingering for 1.5 years with this "new" site. Of course, this is the kind of testing *ahem* that is typically done before a new web site is deployed. Btw, I had zero complaints with the old site. It was great. 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daniel L said:

Btw, I had zero complaints with the old site. It was great. 👍

But the old website was held together with duct tape and bubble gum. The new site is much more robust, especially the backend. If you find upgrade errors, the best thing to do is to email them to sales@accordancebible.com so they can be reported to the web developers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 11:56 PM, Daniel L said:

Yeah, the prices have gotten even more wonky than before.

Agreed. I have 5 volumes from the Pillar commentary set, yet there is no dynamic pricing at all when placing the whole set in my cart. Why would I buy the whole set if it basically means having to pay for items I already own...? It seems like something needs to be done about that.

27 minutes ago, Curtis Greenwood said:

It seems like something needs to be done about that.

The very best thing that can be done is to report it to sales@accordancebible.com. The members of the sales team do not frequent the forums for the most part, so they probably won't see your message here. But when errors in upgrade pricing are reported to them, they can pass it on to the web developers so that it can be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

The very best thing that can be done is to report it to sales@accordancebible.com. The members of the sales team do not frequent the forums for the most part, so they probably won't see your message here. But when errors in upgrade pricing are reported to them, they can pass it on to the web developers so that it can be fixed.

The reason I posted it here is, I have sent you an email with such a case. After you have contacted the sales team you told me to purchase the missing item. I was not happy with the solution as I think this should be solved in general. Instead of only advice to purchase the missing item which is cheaper as to complete the package. As I can see now there are other users with the same issue. 

That said: I have contacted the sales team over you, but the issue is not solved.

In the past (old website; I know Rick, duct tape and bubblegum), the package was a better deal. It was rare to have to contact sales. It would seem that that are enough folks expressing problems that the web developers would weigh in (let us know they are aware of the issues) and are striving to correct the situation.

Pushing it back to the users to pester sales so they in turn bug the developers is far from ideal.

I love Accordance. I hate to express anything negative, but this is an area where the current website is inferior.

• Like 2

@Michael J. Bolesta, my concern in my last comment above was that my words would be taken to mean we want our customers to do our work for us when it comes to reporting these things. That was not what I meant. I just meant that if a customer is reporting an upgrade error already, it's best to do it with sales who can pass it on, rather than to report it here in the forums where it will probably not be seen by those with more direct responsibility for these issues. Either way, I agree, it is far from ideal.

My hope and assumption is that the more these things are reported, the less often they will occur. The algorithms in the new system will continue to improve. 

I can assure you the web developers are "aware of the issues" and "striving to correct the situation" because I see the list of issues they're tackling regarding the website. They are a third-party company, however, and would not be apt to comment here in the forums.

Rick

Thank you for clarifying. No malice was intended. The LORD bless you and keep you.

Anyone interested in this topic will want to read "Accordance Discounted Pricing," by Michele Bozzacco, our Director of Customer Service.

Rick

Thank you very much! Perhaps Michele's post could be placed in the online store for reference.

It seems they have made the website more robust by throwing out some useful features the old website had.

For example in the old website if you had some items from a bundle then there was a calculation which items you get if you purchase the Bundle.