Set default tools for text?

P. Djupvik

On my iPad I'm used to reading texts in split screen with a lexicon open in a second pane (usually NA28 with BDAG). But on my new Tab S8, BDAG is missing from the list of tools for NA28, even though it's installed. And for other texts, there are no tools listed at all. Is this a bug or a missing feature, or is there a way to set default tools for each text? 

Edited by Pål Asle Djupvik

Have you installed the newest version 3.3.0? 

Yes, I think so. It's version  2.2.3. 

Edited by Pål Asle Djupvik

8 minutes ago, Pål Asle Djupvik said:

Yes, I think so. It's version  2.2.3. 

Sorry my fault. I was not aware that this is the Android forums. Sorry, I have no clue about this version. 

• 2 weeks later...

HI: I know that I can not help you (I own all IOS devices) but I was just wondering: can any of you point me to an "IOS forum" because I own all IOS devices: 4-MACS and 1 iPAD and 1 iPHONE - but my user notes do not sync. SO: if any of you can direct me to the appropriate forum, I would be very grateful. THANKS

Jonna

@R. Mansfield, I was so glad when I saw the notification - a new reply! but a bit disappointed to see that it was just a link to the iOS forums. Nothing wrong with that, of course. But I would really appreciate an answer.

I have used Accordance for 16 years, I think, mainly on Mac and iOS, and have been very happy with it. But I think the Android version needs some improvement to be on par. I understand that it's a huge undertaking to get full feature parity, but I would love to see it. High end Android tablets such as the Tab S8 are really good, and with the openness of Android, I think they're just more fun to tinker with. Android is also a more inclusive platform internationally, with devices available at every price point.

I'm very grateful to the Accordance team for a great product, and I would love to hear more about your plans for the Android version.

And I would be very happy for some help with my original question, of items missing from the tools menu.

All the best,

Pål

Edited by P. Djupvik

@P. Djupvik The answer to your original question was that this feature was never incorporated into the Android app. The Android app is the newest Accordance app (by far) and has not been developed as much as the other apps. We have answered your email to tech support after consulting with ownership and upper management. You will find more answers there.

• Like 1

We apologize for the lack of communication when it comes to the Android app. Rest assured that we have never lost sight of it. There have been major efforts underway in the background as we have worked towards a resolution.

We simply have not been at liberty to say anything as ownership and upper management have preferred to wait and let actions speak for themselves rather than promises of things to come in the future.

There will be a solution coming in the next two or three months which has been in the works for over a year. This has involved several programmers working towards this goal.

The Android app was by far the least developed app that we have. This is because the other apps have been around for much longer than the Android. The coming solution will probably benefit the Android users the most.

We ask that you bear with us and be patient just a little while longer.

The end to this wait is closer than you think.

• Like 4

This is such a relief to hear. I was afraid the Android app had been abandoned. I really look forward to the next release. Best of luck, and thanks again for a great product over all! 

Edited by P. Djupvik
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, Billy32792 said:

There will be a solution coming in the next two or three months which has been in the works for over a year. This has involved several programmers working towards this goal.

I am not an Android person, but I am indeed excited to hear this!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, P. Djupvik said:

This is such a relief to hear. I was afraid the Android app had been abandoned.

Slowed due to multiple circumstances, but definitely not abandoned!

• Like 2