2021 update to BSB

Dustin Battles

There is a 2021 update to the BSB (Berean Study Bible). Just a few minor changes.

https://bereanbible.com/changelog.txt?fbclid=IwAR2fcSF8woSzabxWdYKnjNa1IrgB4SKHxwfjmDw3l4R1TnSgaM4oJwkJHws

I know Accordance makes no money off this product, but could someone take a few minutes to update it?

@Fabian?

Look for an update soon, which will also incorporate Strong's tagging. Been working on it all morning 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 1:43 PM, Mark Allison said:

Look for an update soon, which will also incorporate Strong's tagging. Been working on it all morning 🙂

Wonderful, thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2022 at 1:43 PM, Mark Allison said:

Any update on this, Mark?

I ran into an issue with the scripting, and then got distracted by some other projects. Thanks for the reminder. I'll dive back into it later in the week.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 4:03 PM, Mark Allison said:

I ran into an issue with the scripting, and then got distracted by some other projects. Thanks for the reminder. I'll dive back into it later in the week.  

How's it coming? FYI, the publisher is going to change its name to Berean Standard Bible. This announcement was posted last week in the BSB Facebook group:

After much prayer and discussion, Bible Hub and Discovery Bible have decided to release the second printing of the BSB under a slightly different title. First, let us clarify the current title:

Berean Study Bible 

Work continues on a full Study Bible for digital release and potentially print in the longer term. These completed components are already available online:

- BSB text with footnotes, section headings, and cross references
- Book outlines
- Complete concordance
- Topical index

These components and more are under construction:

- Book Summaries
- Chapter Summaries
- Book by Book Commentary
- Audio Bible

Ever since the BSB was released in print format, there has been confusion with the name, since other publishers are marketing their Study Bibles with much more content than the Bible text alone.

As a result, we have needed to continually explain that the BSB text is not a traditional Study Bible. The following have been the main concerns:

1. Confusion by booksellers who listed BSB with other Study Bibles
2. Confusion by buyers expecting additional resources in print
3. Hesitancy of software developers to use the Study Bible name

Multiple polls of readers have shown a preference for clarification of the print title to include "Standard." We were actually quite surprised to see a preference for change of approximately 8 to 1 among readers polled.

The result is that the upcoming printing will be released under the name:

Berean Standard Bible 

Specifically, the Berean Standard Bible consists of the Bible text with footnotes, section headings, and cross references.

Note that we are not ceasing the use of "Berean Study Bible," but clarifying the "Berean Standard Bible" as the Bible text portion of a larger set of resources.

Developers will be permitted to use either name. In practice, a quote from the Berean Standard Bible is also a quote from the larger Berean Study Bible.

To Summarize

Berean Standard Bible = Bible text with footnotes, section headings, and cross references

Berean Study Bible = Berean Standard Bible + additional resources

Bible verses may be published and quoted interchangeably as BSB, Berean Standard Bible, or Berean Study Bible 

We should also note that the BSB text is considered a completed and stable translation. There are minimal changes between the first and second printings, and we expect very few going forward

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dustin Battles said:

- Topical index

@Mark Allison Could be added to Accordance now.

11 minutes ago, Dustin Battles said:

These components and more are under construction:

- Book Summaries
- Chapter Summaries
- Book by Book Commentary
- Audio Bible

Come later to Accordance 

• 1 year later...
34 minutes ago, Dustin Battles said:

@Mark Allison BSB is now completely public domain! See update here:

https://berean.bible/licensing.htm

Any update on your end for tagging or update to the module?

Mark is no longer an employee of Accordance. You'd have to ask @Nathan Parker perhaps for an update.

• Like 1

I’ll ask my licensing manager about this one. I wasn’t involved in any previous discussions on it. 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 5:15 PM, Nathan Parker said:

I’ll ask my licensing manager about this one. I wasn’t involved in any previous discussions on it. 🙂 

Can you provide an update, Nathan? The least Oak Tree could do is update the name from Berean Study Bible to Berean Standard Bible.

• Like 1

I believe David Lang is looking into it. Our other module developers are knee-deep in some other stuff (like resolving the reports on the LSB). I'll ask David at our next meeting what the status is on this.

17 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I believe David Lang is looking into it. Our other module developers are knee-deep in some other stuff (like resolving the reports on the LSB). I'll ask David at our next meeting what the status is on this.

Thank you!

David Lang is still on it. Once he has an update for me, I'll post it here. 

Module updates/production do take intense effort to develop. Once our teams showed me what it all involves in producing modules, I am far more thankful for the efforts they do every time I open an Accordance module.

• 6 months later...
On 6/1/2023 at 3:49 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

David Lang is still on it. Once he has an update for me, I'll post it here. 

Module updates/production do take intense effort to develop. Once our teams showed me what it all involves in producing modules, I am far more thankful for the efforts they do every time I open an Accordance module.

Any update, Nathan? 

I'll see if David has an update. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2023 at 4:00 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

I'll see if David has an update. 

Asking for another update, please, sir!

I don't have one, but I am about to start Bible development myself. Maybe I can tackle this one personally. :-)