autolink for Ugaritic

Kristin

I don't know how big of a request this is, but it would be really helpful if the Ugaritic links, such as UDB1_3 3:38 or whatever could be "auto-hyperlinked" like some of the other non-biblical texts are.

I appreciate consideration of this.

On a separate and fairly unrelated note, Philo's Proverbs, such as Prov 1 is linking with the biblical Prov 1. I appreciate that the rest of the other non-biblical stuff is auto-linking fine though as that is very helpful. :)

Thank you,
Kristin

• Like 1

@Kristin normally you have to set the Hypertext to the corpus you want to "auto-hyperlinked". But this is not possible with the Ugarit Texts.  @Silas MarrsThis is clearly a bug.  The Ugarit Text doesn't appear in the list of hyperlinked Texts. May other Texts are missing too. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other Texts too.

Have you set Philo as hypertext before you run the auto-link? If yes, then this is a bug too which @Silas Marrs have to check.

Edited by Fabian

Hi @Fabian,

Thank you for the response, but I am actually a little confused. To be clear, if I have an Ugaritic reference in my notes, and I am working in the Ugaritic text, I can go to the little manual link --> Resources --> Ugaritic (tagged or English) and set it, and it works fine. It is just A LOT of work. Compared to a biblical text where I can press that little "link" thing and the system just links all of my random verses. So the feature request is that it would autolink like everything else.

Concerning Philo, by "set" do you mean open? For example, if I open Philo and am working in "Creat" as a random example, I can write "Creat 100" and press the little auto hyperlink thing and it works fine. It does for Dreams, Laws, Alleg, whatever, it works great. However, when I was working in the Philo Proverbs and wrote Prov 1 it started linking to the Bible. As soon as I got passed those notes and back to another work of his it started autolinking without a problem.

Hello @Kristin,

I guess you are in the User Notes and User Tools. Correct? If so, then you have with Command-T to set the hyperlinks to the corpus you use, then the auto-link works too. 

But it is broken now. Also the Quran corpus don't appear and the "other" Texts Accordance has. Only the Biblical references appeared. This has to be fixed.

@Silas Marrs and @Kristin

It works for the Notes in 12.3.7.  but not in 13. Silas please fix it in the User Notes and User Tools. Thanks. The Quran should be there, Athanasius Greek, Basil Greek etc. etc. In short: All Texts which are in the Library should be there as Hypertext in User Notes and User Tools.

1995872931_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-05um14_57_09.thumb.png.07eac1eb8cba138a37067be75a58aade.png

Kristin, you can download 12.3.7 here https://accordancebible.com/accordance-installers/ 

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

4 hours ago, Fabian said:

I guess you are in the User Notes and User Tools. Correct? If so, then you have with Command-T to set the hyperlinks to the corpus you use, then the auto-link works too. 

But it is broken now. Also the Quran corpus don't appear and the "other" Texts Accordance has. Only the Biblical references appeared. This has to be fixed.

Hi Fabian,

I am not familiar with the Command T like you mentioned, so I just tried it to see, but nothing happened. I guess you would say it is broken, but I have never been able to use the autohyperlink with the Ugaritic.

I would also like to mention when I was working in Philo the other day and the auto-links were working, I had not done anything special. I just opened my note, wrote whatever and pressed the little autolink and it worked. I did not press Command .... unless Command T is your way to access notes, but I am not sure.

Hello @Kristin,

Command-T is the same as right click 469742739_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-05um19_33_40.thumb.png.cb50de2fd9698b44b06c0c2d2be3346c.png

You have a general preferences in 1145571504_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-05um19_42_16.thumb.png.98ac3e965dcc52aa6e5b264381f132bd.png

But you can for every User Tool have your own specific hyperlink text. For example User Tool 1 has ESV, User Tool 2 has NRSV etc. If you now want to have the auto-linking to Ugarit you have to set Ugarit as the hyperlinked text. So Accordance knows it how the links looks like, as he is comparing the hyperlinked text with the auto-linked. This works in 12 but not in 13. Hopefully it is fixed soon.

Command-T is not broken, ASAIK (it was in the past with the German UI, but not now). So Command-T works. Click in the User Tool first. But to choose Ugarit, Quran, Basil, also all non Biblical Texts are broken. 

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

31 minutes ago, Fabian said:

ut you can for every User Tool have your own specific hyperlink text. For example User Tool 1 has ESV, User Tool 2 has NRSV etc. If you now want to have the auto-linking to Ugarit you have to set Ugarit as the hyperlinked text.

Hi Fabian, I see, I had no idea I could set my Ugaritic notes to link to the Ugaritic links. That would be really helpful. I understand it is broken, but once it is fixed I have a question, since you are seeming to actually set this in settings, does that mean that only the Ugartic would work and the biblical links would now not work?

In Philo it all worked. I did not do anything in settings like you mentioned, but my note had BOTH Philo and biblical refs, and pressing the autohyperlink links them all.  The Ugaritic only links the biblical links, and I hope it is can autolink both biblical and Ugaritic. if it is only Ugaritic and no longer the biblical text, that would also be problematic.

Hello Kristin

It should work both, the biblical corpus always works. BTW you have 2 (two) options. I have requested a 3 one like the webbrowser have.

754658654_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-05um22_55_01.thumb.png.681e88178f28d7e3611ff559950f9fee.png

Unfortunately the Accordance developers are not so fast to implement my request in nützlicher Zeit. 

Fabian

• Like 1