Constrain to Isaiah

Bielikov

How do I create a workspace that constrains the results to one book of the Bible, such as Isaiah? Thanks. For instance, I am playing with a very simple construct page that has adjectives two or fewer words away from a noun in Isaiah.

In the text tab search box where you normally just have : [LINK Hebrew Construct] just add a RANGE command so like :

[LINK Hebrew Construct] <AND> [RANGE Isaiah]

Thx

D

• Like 1

Thanks so very much, this worked great, Dan! Many thanks!

Hi @Λύχνις Δαν,

If you don't mind, I am just curious... I was just getting ready to say to click the little plus and where it says "Range is" set it to Isaiah. Do you know the difference between your version and mine? Or are they essentially the same, just two different methods?

Thanks,

Kristin

@Kristin

Temporarily vs. permanent. 

If you have to search a lot the same range it makes sense to do it in the "Range is". 

Fabian

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kristin said:

Hi @Λύχνις Δαν,

If you don't mind, I am just curious... I was just getting ready to say to click the little plus and where it says "Range is" set it to Isaiah. Do you know the difference between your version and mine? Or are they essentially the same, just two different methods?

Thanks,

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

Functionally for this type of query there should be no difference. Use whichever you like. If you save the workspace both the pull down and the search box query are preserved for future use.

The only time a [RANGE] behaves differently from the "Range is" pulldown is when using it in combination with the [COUNT] command, as far as I know. In that case the "Range is" restricts the range over which the counts are evaluated, where as [RANGE] restricts the range over which the results are reported.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Using the [RANGE] command vs. using a predefined range will also determine the range of Texts displayed in the Hits Graph:

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 9.25.37 AM.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ah ... good to know Mark. I didn't realize that.

Thx

D

• Like 1