user bible "name" vs "full name"

Kristin

This is not a very important question but more out of curiosity. When I import a User Bible It asks “New Bible name” and I call it whatever I am calling it and press ok. Then after it imports, but before finishing, it asks “Full name of text.” So I type the name again.

I am thus wondering why it asks for the name twice, and if there is a difference between the “Bible name” and “Full name.”

Thank you for any clarity anyone is able to provide.

Sincerely,
Kristin

If your file is „KNT“ it tooks this as Bible name if you wish as abbreviation.  Then as full name you can use „Kristins New Testament 2021“ 

Fabian

AFAIK there is still a feature request open from me as the abbreviation and the full not exactly works as the modules from Accordance. 

Hi @Fabian,

Thanks for the response. If I am understanding correctly, using your example above, the KNT might be how it appears on my computer, and then the "full name" is how it will appear in Accordance.

Thus, if I create my translation, again, using your example KNT, and then in the future I make a second update of KNT2 or whatever, so I can keep both files, Accordance will still update my text as long as the "full name" is the same. Is this correct?

#1 Not exactly. Make a Bible and then search in the Library for „KNT“ and „Kristin“ you will see how it behaves. 

#2 I have wrote to you a long explanation in the past. Or you simply try it for yourself with two Bibles you create. One verse is enough. Gen 1:1 test one. And Gen 1:1 test Two. Give it the same file name and test it. Give different file names and test it. You can then them move to trash after you know how it works. 

I have found out a lot by testing. 

Fabian

• Like 1