<sup> </sup> isn't recognized correct in 12.2.2

Fabian

Hello

In my Imported Bible I have 

<sup>[1 These two verses, taken from I Chron. Vi 63 - 64, are excluded from the text in authorative codicies and placed in the margin.]</sup>

But in Accordance only the last word is in superscript.

Josh 21,36  [1And out of the tribe of Reuben, Bezer with the open land about it, and Jahaz with the open land about it; ---  [1 These two verses, taken from I Chron. Vi 63 - 64, are excluded from the text in authorative codicies and placed in the margin.]

The first superscript with 1 is good, but not the second part. 

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Fabian, I'm not sure how useful this workaround is, but if you replace all the normal spaces (U+0020) with no-break spaces (U+00A0) inside the "sup" tags, you can achieve the effect you're seeking. For example, for the following user Bible:

Gen. 1:1 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur<sup>[1 foo bar baz]</sup> adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Accordance renders it as shown below:

sup-with-non-breaking-space.png.737eb173fc7a4116cee5dc984b580505.png

Unfortunately, it has the side effect of rendering an extra space between the superscript and the word to which it is attached ("consectetur" in the example). It seems you can overcome that by using two adjacent superscripts. For example, something like:

Gen. 1:1 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur<sup>1</sup><sup>[foo bar baz]</sup> adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Which produces:

two-sup-with-non-breaking-space.png.27f53780f00cbb49b53f92819fbf97a4.png

• Thanks 1