no "Check for app update..." option

Dataduffy

trying to update from 12.1.7 to 12.2.

I was sure there was supposed to be an option on the menu to check for app updates. It doesn't appear to be there.

It shows up in the search for settings, but selecting this shows where the options presumably were but are blank. I even tried setting a shortcut for checking for updates but this didn't work.

MB Pro M1.

Any ideas?

Thanks

John

1108682200_Screenshot2021-07-15at7_10_43AM.thumb.png.744bbc0412bdfad9e0fd52994c56b7b1.png1479127627_Screenshot2021-07-15at7_12_04AM.thumb.png.d6e13d28fe216ed7f140f6bc389ff559.png

37754201_Screenshot2021-07-15at7_12_14AM.thumb.png.10d0e00668e7202afa93f6a8c2683f01.png

By chance, did you download your copy of Accordance from the Mac App Store? If so, your copy will automatically update when the Mac App Store version is released. This is usually within a couple of weeks after versions downloaded directly from our site are updated.

I honestly can't remember Rick.

I do 100% remember using the "check for app update..." on previous versions. Perhaps I bought an upgrade to 13 on the apple store and not through the site?

anyway, no worries.. I'll wait a bit.

thanks

john

coming to think of it... when I setup the MacBook Pro M1, I think I grabbed everything I could from the apple store.

Are there any other differences with the versions? Would it be better to delete and download from the Accordance site?

Hand-off only works with the App Store Version.  You loose nothing with the App Store version, you only gain. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fabian said:

Hand-off only works with the App Store Version.  You loose nothing with the App Store version, you only gain. 

great to know!  Thanks Fabian!

John

15 hours ago, Dataduffy said:

coming to think of it... when I setup the MacBook Pro M1, I think I grabbed everything I could from the apple store.

Are there any other differences with the versions? Would it be better to delete and download from the Accordance site?

There are no feature differences (with the exception of Handoff as mentioned by @Fabian above). The version downloaded directly from our servers will be updated more quickly that the one in the Mac App Store. I generally recommend that users make their initial download from our servers unless there's some reason not to do so.

• Like 1

With a macOS Beta this April I was able to see the Hand-Off from Accordance from my old MacAir, but as I clicked on the Icon on the Dock the Hand-Off fails. Since I have upgraded to Monterey with my new MacBook Pro I have deinstalled Accordance on my old Mac. I cannot test it as I have the old Mac totally cleaned to give away.

Fabian

• Like 1