Can't search within results of a TWOT entry

Ben Tovar

Greetings! While using the Hebrew Bible module (HMT-W4) with "Live Click" enabled, I click a particular word in a passage in Genesis which yields the corresponding entries in two resources I'm using for class: Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament and BDB (Complete) in the "Lexicon Lookup" pane. From there, I hover above the entry I want and click "Open" which opens that entry in a Tool pane above it (the expanded version of which is in the screenshot). Here's where my difficulty lies. Since I'm working specifically with a passage in Genesis, I'd like to first see relevant material in the TWOT entry for my passage in Genesis. I thought by adding an additional search parameter with Scripture (I tried other options also) and plugging Gen. 2 (or even just Gen.) would highlight areas of the entry that have that verse, chapter, or book reference but it won't. Accordance states "These words (or verse references) were not found in the tool "TWOT"." even though they clearly are.

What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot.png

You're not doing anything wrong. Because TWOT includes derivative lexical forms after the main one, and those derivative forms represent subarticles within that main article, the references to Genesis are technically in a different article than the main lexical entry. That's why the search is failing.

In recent years, we have added the capability to search within a main article (including all its subarticles), but we haven't yet gone back through all our existing modules to incorporate that feature. Look for an update to TWOT which will fix this.

When TWOT is updated, you can click the articles/paragraphs icon to the right of the entry box until it looks like this: image.png.da8e0a3286858787fe8584d6481cfbc5.png

Then your search will work as expected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the update. Have you checked if there are more modules which needs the update?

Thanks David!

On 2/26/2021 at 10:37 AM, David Lang said:

Look for an update to TWOT which will fix this.

That was fast! Works great...thanks again.