New Accordance Forums not displaying in Safari

Michael J. Bolesta

The new forums look good in Chrome, but not in Safari.

Accordance for Mac 13.1.5 [Mac OS X 11.2.1 Mid 2013 11 inch MacBook Air]

404258491_ScreenShot2021-02-19at11_45_07AM.thumb.png.2b4559fc9c26cafa2ea1dbb9bf8ddd91.png

Looks like a style sheet didn't load from the server. You could try clearing your Browser cache and then loading the page again. 

Thank you for the suggestion. Unhappily, that did not resolve the issue.

Try with press Opton-Command-E. This clears the cache.1552860134_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-19um21_34_35.thumb.png.c8c06aead2fe1c9c4a8de1632dc53ac6.png

Edited by Fabian

Thanks Fabian. This did not work either.

Anyone else see this in Safari Version 14.0.3 (16610.4.3.1.4)?

Mac OS 11.2.1

Interesting Fabian. What version of Safari?

Well I might have to wait for the next version of Big Sur and Safari.

Thank you very much Fabian! The LORD bless you and keep you.

• Thanks 1

I am at Safari 14.0.3 and Big Sur 11.2.1 and the forums appear to be working. This is on a new Mac Mini with the M1 chip running native Safari.

Long shot but I thought I would offer it.  This fixes mine, but I'm running a number of content blockers.

Right click the URL in the browser UI and select Setting for This Website.   It will pop up a popover and make sure Enable Content Blockers is unchecked.

Rick

Thanks for the suggestion. Alas, no. That did not resolve the issue. The LORD bless you and keep you.

Michael

Can you reproduce this CSS error on any other web site? If so a setting in Safari to override the web site CSS may be the culprit. Settings to change font or font size in the Accessibility menu and some Extensions modify the CSS to change the appearance.  Closing the browser completely and starting fresh may clear any site specific settings.

Are you experiencing any other abnormal behavior since installing Big Sur? Apple knows of issues especially with the oldest hardware and is offering support on their forums.

I notice that your mac is a mid-2013 macbook air which is the oldest hardware that Big Sur supports.

My late 2013 macbook pro is awaiting the great resurrection of a new battery and I had some issues with it and the Big Sur upgrade.

Apple has acknowledged upgrade issues and has specific guidance on its forums to correct issues including tech support.

One suggestion they offer is to close all applications, power down the mac by holding down the power button for ten seconds, then reboot. The mac will go through the clean start routine and reset everything. Then start Safari fresh and see if the issue is gone.

Hope this may help.

46 minutes ago, kcmizzou said:

Can you reproduce this CSS error on any other web site? If so a setting in Safari to override the web site CSS may be the culprit. Settings to change font or font size in the Accessibility menu and some Extensions modify the CSS to change the appearance.  Closing the browser completely and starting fresh may clear any site specific settings.

Are you experiencing any other abnormal behavior since installing Big Sur? Apple knows of issues especially with the oldest hardware and is offering support on their forums.

I notice that your mac is a mid-2013 macbook air which is the oldest hardware that Big Sur supports.

My late 2013 macbook pro is awaiting the great resurrection of a new battery and I had some issues with it and the Big Sur upgrade.

Apple has acknowledged upgrade issues and has specific guidance on its forums to correct issues including tech support.

One suggestion they offer is to close all applications, power down the mac by holding down the power button for ten seconds, then reboot. The mac will go through the clean start routine and reset everything. Then start Safari fresh and see if the issue is gone.

Hope this may help.

I have not seen this with any other website. For years, some websites will not open for me in Safari, but never opened with display. I have not changed Accessibility settings. I have not had any other issues with Big Sur. I tried the clean reset, and it did not resolve the problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

On 2/21/2021 at 9:18 AM, kcmizzou said:

I am at Safari 14.0.3 and Big Sur 11.2.1 and the forums appear to be working. This is on a new Mac Mini with the M1 chip running native Safari.

Working for me with same configuration but on an Intel iMac 5k 2020

So it remains a mystery. Perhaps my Mac is simply long in tooth.

I don't think it's the age of the machine Michael. I don't use Safari but booted it up to try it out and it renders ok for me.

I'm on a Late 2009 iMac running High Sierra (10.13.6) and Safari 13.1

I agree with Scott that it looks like a stylesheet issue but I am not sure what would be preventing it loading.

I wonder if you have a firewall issue or something like that (maybe even an extension) which is preventing retrieval of the CSS. All of the css comes from content.invisioncic.com - I wonder if Safari is not happy with accessing that for some reason. If you open the developer console in the browser you should be able to see if there are issues loading those files, in the Network tab.

But a simpler test would be to try to load one of the CSS files referred to by the forum site : https://content.invisioncic.com/i308871/css_built_1/341e4a57816af3ba440d891ca87450ff_framework.css?v=d815db93211613704528

If that doesn't load a screen full of densely packed text like this :

:root{--sp-1:4px;--sp-2:8px;--sp-3:12px;--sp-4:16px;--sp-5:20px;--sp-6:24px;--sp-7:32px;--sp-8:40px;--sp-9:48px;--sp-10:64px;--radius-1:4px;--radius-2:8px;--border-1px:1px solid rgba( var(--theme-text_light), 0.15 );--positive-dark:#2C8C69;--positive-light:#f0faf6;--negative-dark:#C53030;--negative-light:#FFF5F5;--intermediate-dark:#DD6B20;--intermediate-light:#FFFAF0;--informational-dark:#2981bf;--informational-light:#e9f0f5;--general-dark:#7f858d;--general-light:#f0f4f8;--box--boxShadow:0px 2px 

then you definitely have a problem loading the CSS. With luck, attempting to load it will show error information.

Thx

D

Michael, does it work if you open the page in a Private Window?

Have you tried removing all website data related to forums.accordancebible.com and accordancebible.com?  Doing this would require you to log in again, but may clear the bad file.

9 hours ago, Λύχνις Δαν said:

I don't think it's the age of the machine Michael. I don't use Safari but booted it up to try it out and it renders ok for me.

I'm on a Late 2009 iMac running High Sierra (10.13.6) and Safari 13.1

I agree with Scott that it looks like a stylesheet issue but I am not sure what would be preventing it loading.

I wonder if you have a firewall issue or something like that (maybe even an extension) which is preventing retrieval of the CSS. All of the css comes from content.invisioncic.com - I wonder if Safari is not happy with accessing that for some reason. If you open the developer console in the browser you should be able to see if there are issues loading those files, in the Network tab.

But a simpler test would be to try to load one of the CSS files referred to by the forum site : https://content.invisioncic.com/i308871/css_built_1/341e4a57816af3ba440d891ca87450ff_framework.css?v=d815db93211613704528

If that doesn't load a screen full of densely packed text like this :

:root{--sp-1:4px;--sp-2:8px;--sp-3:12px;--sp-4:16px;--sp-5:20px;--sp-6:24px;--sp-7:32px;--sp-8:40px;--sp-9:48px;--sp-10:64px;--radius-1:4px;--radius-2:8px;--border-1px:1px solid rgba( var(--theme-text_light), 0.15 );--positive-dark:#2C8C69;--positive-light:#f0faf6;--negative-dark:#C53030;--negative-light:#FFF5F5;--intermediate-dark:#DD6B20;--intermediate-light:#FFFAF0;--informational-dark:#2981bf;--informational-light:#e9f0f5;--general-dark:#7f858d;--general-light:#f0f4f8;--box--boxShadow:0px 2px 

then you definitely have a problem loading the CSS. With luck, attempting to load it will show error information.

Thx

D

Daniel, doing your simple test does load a screen of densely packed text.

8 hours ago, Joel Brown said:

Michael, does it work if you open the page in a Private Window?

Have you tried removing all website data related to forums.accordancebible.com and accordancebible.com?  Doing this would require you to log in again, but may clear the bad file.

Joel, how do I do this?

41 minutes ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

Daniel, doing your simple test does load a screen of densely packed text.

Ok good. So your browser is getting the data. The question then is why it's not using it.

Trying Joel's suggestion would be the next thing then I guess.

Go to Preferences -> Privacy -> Manage Website Data...

Select the data from accordancebible.com and click remove.

thx

D

I removed the website data, and the problem persists. Thanks for trying to help.

Ok. The style data is coming from invisioncic.com. So try removing cached data for that site. Same as for accordancebible but just find the invisioncic.com data.

Thx

D

11 hours ago, Λύχνις Δαν said:

Ok. The style data is coming from invisioncic.com. So try removing cached data for that site. Same as for accordancebible but just find the invisioncic.com data.

Thx

D

Unhappily that did not work. Remove all websites did not work either. I removed all websites, cleared the caches, quit, restarted, and the problem persisted.

Daniel, thank you for persisting too.

Michael, it's an extreme measure, and that is to remove and reinstall safari.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7021949

I'd make sure that if your go down this road that these instructions are compliant with your version of Apple OS.  I only offer this as a suggestion.

Paul.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn