NRSV with Strong's Update

rcdeacon

Checked for updates today. Actually had a number of them one of which was the NRSV2. All updates were downloaded and installed except the NRSV. The error says the text is busy. I tried restarting my Windows 10 home edition which in turn restarted Accordance. Still would not install (it downloaded fine).

Bob

• Like 1

I had the same problem. When I logged out all users (had two active) and rebooted, Accordance worked as expected. In my case I think it was related to having my administrative account open in the background as well as working from my non-administrative account. However, this is just a guess. This was the first time I forgot to completely log out of my administrative account before moving to my regular account, so that is why I am suspecting there may have been some interaction between the two. Happy glitch hunting. ;)

—Joseph

Version 5 will not download.  Getting all sorts of crazy screens:

Screen 1  "The file "NRSV-old.text "cannot be used now because it is busy

Screen 2 I/O Error #113 in the file "NRSVS.atext"

note: the NRSVS is not open in my program.

Version 5 will not download

I am on windows 10   accordance version 13.1.5

Edited by Gedalya

Not sure what's going on with this, but we'll get it fixed asap.

Gedalya, that is exactly what I had. I checked the Accordance Text folder, it had the most recent NRSVS.atext, but was not loading it. I could never find the NRSV-old.text anywhere on my system. 

A complete logout and full reboot cleared things for me.

—Joseph

@Solly

That process did not work for me. 

I get the message, " The file 'NRSVS-old.atext' cannot be used now, because it is busy."

TWICE

then get the message, "I/O Error #113 in the file 'NRSVS.atext'"

then get the All Installs were successful message

• Like 1

I received a message  from  Accordance support that to correct the problem, the developers had updated to version 5.1

However, I  still do not see any revision to 5.1 when I check for updates.

For whatever this is worth, I CANNOT install the NRSVS version 5.1. A couple of errors come up, one of them notifies me that the file is busy and cannot be installed. There is another error but I can't remember what it says. I checked my library and I have version 4.0. It downloads fine just won't install.

Bob

I had this problem last week, Removed the NRSV from Accordance, deleted all the files associated the NRSV from my computer, then re-installed. That finally did the trick. 

How do I find associated files.

Bob

Most any Windows file manager, Windows Explorer for example, has the ability to search the whole disk. I searched on NRSV and deleted the files and the folders with that name, after Removing and Deleting the book from the LIbrary from within Accordance. 

Thank you Scott. I believe I got the problem solved. Thanks again.

Bob

Scott, I also removed the NRSV as you described, and things worked for a day. But the next update check took me back to the original issue described. 

Something is still amiss on my system.

--Joseph

4 hours ago, Solly said:

Scott, I also removed the NRSV as you described, and things worked for a day. But the next update check took me back to the original issue described. 

Something is still amiss on my system.

--Joseph

Did you restart Accordance? I had this issue, and I shut down my running program, deleted the file from the hidden menu in my Windows system files for Accordance, and then restarted Accordance. Did the Easy Install and it seems to be working. Not sure if that will help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

Did you restart Accordance? I had this issue, and I shut down my running program, deleted the file from the hidden menu in my Windows system files for Accordance, and then restarted Accordance. Did the Easy Install and it seems to be working. Not sure if that will help. 

I did the above plus shut down the computer for a few minutes and started Windows 10 afresh before restarting Accordance. 

3 minutes ago, Solly said:

I did the above plus shut down the computer for a few minutes and started Windows 10 afresh before restarting Accordance. 

Hmmm, I am not sure where to go from here on that. I thought that maybe refreshing may help. 

Sorry I could not be of more help. 

Mine worked on the latest attempt which I believe was very late on Wednesday evening. Thanks for the fix!

The version 5.1 file appears to be working now after some finagling with older saved sessions to get around permission conflicts. I went back to November saves when things were working well and tried Accordance with those sessions again and things cleared up. I'll see if it still works tomorrow. ;)

—Joseph

I spoke too soon. My Windows machine is still unable to download the NSRV update.  My ancient Macbook Air must have successfully downloaded it or I need some better meds or maybe both.

I followed Scott's procedure and reinstalled the NRSV module from Easy Install and all seems to be well once again. The version of the installed NRSV file is 5.1.

Edited by Greg Terry

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been able to get 5.1 to install. I get the following error messages:

The File "NRSVS-old.atext" cannot be used now because it is busy

and

I/O Error #113 in the file "NRSVS.atext"

I tried searching for the 5.0 files to manually remove them, but haven't been able to locate them as of yet.

Similar updating problems occur a lot with Accordance. I see you're on Windows, so my advice can help you. I've found the perfect app to find files and folders FAST. It's called Everything. Download it from https://voidtools.com. After installing and letting it index your drives, from the Search menu, choose the Folder filter. Start typing, and you'll instantly find the NRSVS folders.

• Like 2

Thanks Daniel! I will give Everything a try

Hmmm. Well, I was able to find the NRSVS files/folder using Everything search. I deleted them, and deleted from within Accordance as well, then checked for content updates, but this time NRSVS doesn't show up in the list of available updates. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Dave

Not an update anymore. Use Easy Install like it's the first time. 

13 minutes ago, ScottDF said:

Not an update anymore. Use Easy Install like it's the first time. 

That did the trick...many thanks!