NRSV with Strong's Update

rcdeacon

I followed the recommended fix by deleting all files and directories containing "NRSVS".  I then rebooted Windows 10 and tried to use Easy Install to reinstall the NRSVS module.  It downloaded it, but the install failed with this error message:

The file "NRSV Notes.atool" cannot be modified, because write permission has been denied.  The write permissions for this file may be changed by selecting "Properties" in File Explorer.

Note that the error message refers to "NRSV", not "NRSVS".  Also note that the error message is incorrect in calling it a file; it is actually a folder.  In any case, its properties indicate that it is writable by Everyone, and every object inside that folder is also writable by Everyone.  So what can be done?

I've never had this problem occur before.

The most straightforward is to call Tech Support. In lieu of that, I'd try again deleting NRSV and NRSVS from inside Accordance, to make sure Accordance thinks it's gone, then close Accordance and delete all files and folders with those names and try Easy Install again. It's a bit complicated but writable by Everyone is not always writable by Everyone in Windows, depending upon ownership of the file/directory, but that shouldn't end up being an issue for this. 

2 hours ago, Steve Westfall said:

. . . the install failed with this error message:

The file "NRSV Notes.atool" cannot be modified, because write permission has been denied.  The write permissions for this file may be changed by selecting "Properties" in File Explorer.

Hi Steve,

I got the same message two days ago. Deleting NRSVS from within Accordance and reinstalling it with Easy Install did not work for me. I ended up going to C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\Texts\NRSVS.atext, deleted that folder, restarted Windows, opened Accordance, ran Easy Install for NRSVS, and actually got another error message, I don’t remember if it was the same one. But I searched my library, NRSVS was there, and it opened.

I don’t know why this worked, compared to when I searched C:\ for NRSVS and deleted the files from the drop-down list, which did not work.

Michel

11 hours ago, Michel Gilbert said:

I got the same message two days ago. Deleting NRSVS from within Accordance and reinstalling it with Easy Install did not work for me. I ended up going to C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\Texts\NRSVS.atext, deleted that folder, restarted Windows, opened Accordance, ran Easy Install for NRSVS, and actually got another error message, I don’t remember if it was the same one. But I searched my library, NRSVS was there, and it opened.

I don’t know why this worked, compared to when I searched C:\ for NRSVS and deleted the files from the drop-down list, which did not work.

Try running the search with Administrator privileges (right-click the Windows Explorer icon, choose Run as Administrator). ProgramData can be a protected directory. 

• 2 months later...

With version 13.1.4 I was getting this error, too.  But when I upgraded to 13.1.7, the errors went away and the NRSV correctly updated to 5.1.