New Testament in Scottish Gaelic

Mairead Sine

Hello there,

The Scottish Bible Societ has recently published an updated Gaelic version of the New Testament. (They are still developing the OT testament translation.) I know we are one of the smaller languages in the world but I'd really appreciate it being in my Accordance library. I do use a hard copy but being able to use some of the Accordance features with this translation would be very nice.

Thank you,

Mairead Sine.

• Like 4

As a Scotman I should be more familiar with my mother tongue... but alas from the lowlands it was never given the honour it deserved in our schools.  A Gaelic translation would inspire me to delve in a bit more.

• Like 2

I've just sent a request to the Scottish Bible Society for licensing terms.

• Like 5

+1

Bha mo sheanair, à cinneadh Gàidhealach, a ’bruidhinn Gàidhlig. Bhiodh ùidh mhòr agam cuideachd ann an eadar-theangachadh Gàidhlig.

(Google Translate)

• Like 2

My great-great grandfather was Scottish and spoke Gaelic. 

• Like 3

Just received this response from the publisher:

"In terms of your request, can I suggest that you get back in touch with us in a few months' time? We are in the process of carrying out an audit of all our Gaelic resources to help us think through what we may do next with this translation. In addition, we have a new Director of Development and Commuinications starting with us shortly, who will be responsible for any licensing discussions."

We'll stay in contact with the publisher and hope to release a Gaelic translation as soon as possible!

• Like 8