Trouble syncing highlights iOS and Mac

Bret Hicks

I am having trouble syncing highlights from my iPhone (XR; iOS 14.2) with my iMac (10.14).  I am syncing through DropBox.  I have a bunch of highlights done on my iPhone in a particular book.  I sync, and I can verify that the timestamp on the file in DropBox changes to the current time.  When I then sync in Accordance on my iMac, it goes through the motions, but not of the highlights appear in the book.  Is there some step I am missing?

In Christ,

Bret Hicks

Are you sure both iOS device and iMac are using the same highlights file?  Its possible your Mac is set to display a different file from the one you are editing on your phone.

Joel, I did check that.  And I changed the file to various ones, ending with the same file.  Would it help if I attached a copy of the file?  There is not much in it.

In Christ,

Bret Hicks

Sure, I'd be happy to take a look.  Which text are you missing highlights from, and which verse would I expect them to be there?

Joel, 

The text is "With the Clouds of Heaven" from the NSBT series.  So there is not really a verse so to speak.  I have just started reading the book, so the highlights are all in the "Preliminaries" section.

In Christ,

Bret

Joel,

I tried, but apparently is will not let me upload this kind of file.  That is the message I receive when I try to attach it to the reply.  How do I get it to you?

In Christ,

Bret

Joel,

Any word on the highlight file?  I am hesitant to read/highlight further in case I am going to have to begin all over.

In Christ,

Bret

So Bret, looking at this Highlights file, it definitely only has a single highlight in any NSBT tool.  Are you 100% sure your iPhone setting sare to use 'My Highlights', and not something else like 'My Mobile Highlights'?  Do you have any other highlight files?

Perhaps post a screenshot of your Dropbox Highlights folder, and the iPhone Highlight selection setting?

Sorry - I posted the wrong file.  The correct file is My Mobile Highlights - which shows highlights on my iPhone but not my iMac.  Here is the correct file.  And I verified again that both are set to the same highlights file.

In Christ,

Bret

My Mobile Highlights.hlt.zip

Thanks for the file, Bret.  This file has zero highlights for NSBT-Clouds, which of course is why it doesn't show up on the desktop.  From where did you get this file?

This may be something best resolved with a good screenshare session with Tech Support.  They can help test which file you are modifying, confirm it is being synced, and confirm that file in your desktop app.

Joel,

Based on that fact, I checked my iPhone again and discovered it had "unlinked" from DropBox in Accordance at some point.  When I relinked to DropBox everything worked fine.  Not sure why or when that happened.  Thanks for all your help.

I hope you are having a wonderful Advent season.

In Christ,

Bret