Loeb Classical Library

Andrew Nance

This was on my watch list on the competition. But I would much prefer Accordance because it is my go to Bible software.
The Patrilogia sets are supposed to be on the radar there as well; But the Greek set would not be an easy one to digitize and do markup.

• Like 1

Thanks!

Very interested in this

yup. Just as interested now as I was a few years ago when it first came up.

I could be interested in this

I already own a lot of the books in this series, but I would dearly love to have them in Accordance.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:53 PM, Mike Atnip said:

This was on my watch list on the competition. But I would much prefer Accordance because it is my go to Bible software.
The Patrilogia sets are supposed to be on the radar there as well; But the Greek set would not be an easy one to digitize and do markup.

The Loeb Classical Library has a website which I believe has all the texts digitized. So the issue would be tagging. Manually tagging any large proportion of the LCL would be a massive undertaking, but untagged texts might be acceptable if Accordance improved its ability to work with them. It's not too complicated to find possible lexemes for an inflected form, and that's enough to look up a word in a lexicon. I wrote about this a few years ago:

In another Loeb thread, I pointed out that the whole LCL is probably too large for Accordance to do at once. It would be more likely for them to pick a set of initial volumes to produce. So then the question is which volumes.

• Like 3

And it would be nice if Accordance could/would offer individual volumes, not just sets.

• Like 3

Highly interested!

+1

• 1 month later...

I would love a tagged version of Plato, his entire oeuvre. That would be a dream come true. 

+1 : 

On 3/29/2024 at 3:49 PM, anders said:

I would love a tagged version of Plato, his entire oeuvre. That would be a dream come true. 

• Like 1

Loeb does not seem to have Aquinas' Summa Th. There is a Kindle edition by the Aquinas Institute (ASIN: B07D3FQQ17). It would be great if these were available for Accordance...especially if they could be sold individually. The whole summa constat multa. 

1 hour ago, Gary Pauley said:

Loeb does not seem to have Aquinas' Summa Th. There is a Kindle edition by the Aquinas Institute (ASIN: B07D3FQQ17). It would be great if these were available for Accordance...especially if they could be sold individually. The whole summa constat multa. 

That probably needs its own module request thread. Loeb wouldn't have the Summa because it's not from antiquity but the Middle Ages. In the meantime, there's https://aquinas.cc/la/en/~ST.I

5 hours ago, jlm said:

That probably needs its own module request thread. Loeb wouldn't have the Summa because it's not from antiquity but the Middle Ages. In the meantime, there's https://aquinas.cc/la/en/~ST.I

Ah! Thanks for the link!