The Jewish Annotated Apocrypha

mgvh

1 hour ago, Solly said:

I'm still waiting for this to appear in the store so that I may purchase it.

--Joseph 

Some of these resources fall by the wayside, unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, ReformedDoc said:

Some of these resources fall by the wayside, unfortunately. 

Plus an early message from nathan about the 'substantial' copywrite charges wasnt encouraging when you consider that they would be included in the unit price us customers pay anyway but kindle users dont seem to be paying over the odds as on kindle its about half the dead tree version or the version on apple books. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Sad 2

At least we're getting more interest in this now. :-)

1+

I realize a different regime but it seemed to me if I remember correctly they mentioning hefty costs for the NOAB. But went ahead anyway. 

-dan

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 11:48 PM, Daniel Francis said:

if I remember correctly they mentioning hefty costs for the NOAB. But went ahead anyway. 

-dan

Helen indicated that oup were a pain in the proverbial to deal with but having said that, we do seem to get some great offers and we got upgrade pricing on jsb and jant which you wouldnt get if you bought the dead tree versions from a book store so something must be working otherwise we wouldnt get such great deals. 

The main issue is that upfront costs can be a bit steep, kind of like what we ran into with Baylor Handbooks. It helps if we have about 50+ people interested in a title.

You could always do what LOGOS does. They put out many books as Pre-Publication to gather interest. Until enough people purchase it, they don't publish it. Granted, this may take several years to accomplish for some works, but at least that way they have  persons who have not only expressed interest but who have put down money.

8 hours ago, wbryant said:

Granted, this may take several years to accomplish for some works, but at least that way they have  persons who have not only expressed interest but who have put down money.

After the issues with prepaying for 14, i am not sure if the scars have healed or if the wounds are still too raw for that approach at the moment!

🤔

Edited by ukfraser

We are kicking around considering a pre-pub system in the future, but it would require some backend changes to the website.

• Like 2