The Jewish Annotated Apocrypha

mgvh

• 4 weeks later...

Nathan, Just checking this one met you filing deadline. 

;o) 

• Like 2

it did! It’s on the list. Let me know if you find anything else under Module Requests I might have missed.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

This request has just celebrated its third birthday. 🎂 🎂 🎂 

i accept that oup are not the best and there were some copyright complications but has any progress been made in getting this as there is quite a lot of interest from others on the forum. 

thanks 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you for bringing this up again. I too would like to know what progress has been made.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Hopefully the negotiations are productive???? 

Any chance this is in the pipeline yet?

-dan

Nothing to report yet, but I will continue to discuss it with our team.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

We've had a chance to dig into this one further.

This one involves a substantial royalty with the publisher, so at the moment, it would be difficult to pull off to be cost-effective.

However, if you really want to see this one have a chance at making it into Accordance, then here's where you can help: spread the word to as many people as possible about chiming in here requesting this module. If we can get 50-100 people interested, then we might have some good customer interest data we can use to discuss this one further. Not promising anything, but it would at least help us in our discussions.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

chiming in here requesting this module

+1

Posted (edited)

+1

(you have 12 others on this thread already plus the other lot don't have it yet either!)

Edited by ukfraser

+1

I have it in print and think it would be an essential addition to my accordance library

• Thanks 1

We also got a +1 come in over email I'll add here.

+1

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like you are not getting the 50 you want so it looks like  kindle (apple books is about twice the price though a better interface).

shame

Feel free to spread this link around social media and emails and see if we can get some more traction.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep spreading this link around. I'd like to get more interest in it and see if we can pull it off, but we need enough interest.

I highly suspect that the interest in this particular volume is much higher than this thread would suggest. Yes some of us more ardent users are here but I am sure many accordance users are not here. This is an important volume and while I can’t say for sure how many copies you will sell I’d suspect that it would be hundreds. 

Edited by Daniel Francis

I believe so as well, but sometimes publishers like to see the projected sales figures before the item is developed. I guess instead of "build it and they will come", some like to see "they will come and watch you build". :-)

• Thanks 1

it is part of a series which you will have sales figures for.

you actually offered upgrade prices for revision 2 from revision 1 which knocked me off my seat as you certainly dont get that with dead tree versions. 

plus, the last time i looked, the big L doesn't offer it but it is on kindle and apples book ap so you could have an exclusive!

Edited by ukfraser

On 10/5/2020 at 10:33 PM, mgvh said:

The Jewish Annotated Apocrypha has just been released.

Since Accordance already has the OT and NT volumes, I look forward to adding this one!

This does seem interesting!

@ukfraser Good info. Let me show this to my manager.

It is a really great volume!

I'm still waiting for this to appear in the store so that I may purchase it.

--Joseph 

• Like 1