Give us Brill (please)

Outis

Got BrillDAG this morning. Many thanx.

https://accordance.bible/link/read/MGS#70108
εὐχαριστέω, contr. [εὐχάριστος] impf. ηὐχαρίστουν and εὐχαρίστουν, mid. pass. ηὐχαριστούμην IoDam. Barl. p. 578.18 || fut. εὐχαριστήσω || aor. ηὐχαρίστησα and εὐχαρίστησα || Byz. pf. εὐχαρίστηκα, mid. ηὐχαρίστημαι || aor. pass. ηὐχαριστήθην ChronPasch. p. 83.11 and εὐχαριστήθην || fut. pass. εὐχαριστηθήσομαι Apom. p. 41.4, 70.10
1. act. to be grateful, show thanks, thank Demosth. 18.92 (decr.) etc. | ▸ τινι to s.o. Posid. 247 (aor. εὐχαρίστησε) | ▸ τινὶ ἐπί τινι to s.o. for sthg. Pol. 4.72.7 = ▸ περί τινος Diod. 16.11.1
2. pass. to be thanked Hp. epist. 17 | to be received with a grateful mind NT 2Cor. 1.11.

The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek, s.v. “ŒµœÖœáŒ±œÅŒπœÇ,” 874.

I note the different font from that used in BDAG. Actually it's not that - it seems it looks a bit different from BDAG  even if I customize the theme and set the same font and weight.

I see you also did the Etymological Dictionary. Very tempting too.

Thanx again

D

Edited by Λύχνις Δαν
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Λύχνις Δαν said:

I note the different font from that used in BDAG. Actually it's not that - it seems it looks a bit different from BDAG  even if I customize the theme and set the same font and weight.

Yes, the Dictionary of Ancient Greek and Etymological Dictionary of Greek use a unicode font. Unicode was required because we don't support many of the combined accents in our Helena font that were necessary to properly display these resources. 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Λύχνις Δαν said:

Got BrillDAG this morning. Many thanx.

Cool tip: Brill doesn't officially approve of developers calling their Dictionary of Ancient Greek "BrillDAG". However, if you search for "BrillDAG" (case doesn't matter) in your library, you'll find it 🙂

• Like 2

Thanx Mark,

1. what would Brill have us call it ? MGS ?

2. In my post above you'll see “ŒµœÖœáŒ±œÅŒπœÇ,”. This was a direct paste from Copy As Citation. Not sure if someone needs to look at that.

3. Android will be coming like iOS I assume ? I assume it will have to be updated to support the font or other such things in the modules, right ?

Thx

D

In the preface, Montanari uses GI for the Italian and GE for English. I think Brill was on the GE side. But that just stands for Greek English — not very descriptive. SBL recommends MGS (representing the editors). 

8 minutes ago, Λύχνις Δαν said:

Thanx Mark,

1. what would Brill have us call it ? MGS ?

2. In my post above you'll see “ŒµœÖœáŒ±œÅŒπœÇ,”. This was a direct paste from Copy As Citation. Not sure if someone needs to look at that.

3. Android will be coming like iOS I assume ? I assume it will have to be updated to support the font or other such things in the modules, right ?

Thx

D

1. Yes.

2. Copy as Citation from these Unicode Tools needs what we call "some work". We're on it. I'd expect the fix in the next update.
3. iOS first and Android following. Don't ask me when, that's above my pay grade.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Thanks 2

Great news! The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek is now available; and for a limited time, you can add it to your Accordance Library at discounted introductory pricing. I'm not making this up or exaggerating when I say, you might not see it discounted this low after this year.

• 10 months later...
On 9/14/2021 at 4:43 PM, Mark Allison said:

2. Copy as Citation from these Unicode Tools needs what we call "some work". We're on it. I'd expect the fix in the next update.

Mark, has any progress been made on the Copy as Citation issues and unicode tools such as the Brill pair?

--Joseph