Typed Text is Lost in Papers

senilemonk

In Papers if I type some text and then using my mouse wheel I scroll my paper upward towards the top until typed text is well off screen and then I scroll back down to the text I just typed, it is gone as if I never typed any text.  It will NOT happen if I click anywhere prior to scrolling upwards.  It does not happen every single time but it happens very very frequently.  I have lost whole blocks of text because of this.  If it helps, I never experienced this is accordance 11 or 12.

Windows 10

Accordance 13.0.2

post-33865-0-00213200-1578418660_thumb.jpg

post-33865-0-61118800-1578418677_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've reproduced, and will fix for 13.0.4.  Didn't quite make it in time for 13.0.3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for getting this out as quickly as possible. I just lost over 30 minutes of work on a sermon for this coming Sunday!!!  :angry:

Sorry to hear Donald.  Yes, it has cost me some big chunks of text a couple times too.  Took me a while to figure out what was happening.

Edited by senilemonk
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear Donald.  Yes, it has cost me some big chunks of text a couple times too.  Took me a while to figure out what was happening.

Thank you for the sympathy!  :rolleyes:

I'm in no hurry to upgrade to v.13. Satisfied. Threads about version 11 and 12 that I've started in Module Requests and Feature Requests respectively, look them up and like and comment to really support those versions! I'm not giving links, I post in moderation so anything I've said in 2016-2020 is readily and not bewilderingly accessible, it's just a matter of forum users wanting to lift their, sometimes too restrained, fingers a mere few times!

Can't afford anything during 2020 anyway, so. Yet this is the only platform I encourage to use and always both maintain it and buy what's real progress! I've made my spending-promises in a couple of places for those who want to find, when You've found two completely places with figures, You've found both.

I rely on people's initiatives in everything related to social media, getting a co-author, (girl)friend, a Christian life that has content, food in my belly, word out.

There are projects I do support or would support.

If no-one is taking initiatives or action nothing happens and I'm not creating any connections. I'm not tagging people, adding people. If You want to do ANYTHING You only need a basic technology skillset.

All information initially needed can be found if bothering to look. In my signature (which I'm certainly not obliged to post often), there is some information.

To the left here is some other information.

I always keep information current so it's just up to people to bother a bit and even try to look, I should NOT HAVE TO bump! information or concerns every Year myself!

There's obvious indication what I'm stating as priorities and that I believe in and where I do my part!

I'm a fully organized person.

If no-one wants anything I'm withdrawing from things in life to make the food in my belly last a little longer.

I can pay out interest if someone loans to me, it is NOT prohibited other than by cults! I can privately give full reasons.

Goodbye for two and a half Months and keep things maintained while I'm gone! That doesn't equal that everyone should be passive just because I'm not vocally voicing EVERYTHING unceasingly! Meanwhile private message and other private communication, thank You!

Could you please double check this?  It appears to still be happening in 13.0.4.  It does not seem to happen as often when I scroll up now.  However, I have found it happens nearly every single time when I scroll downward and then scroll back up to the typed text.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Would you be able to send me a paper it happens in?  I have been unable to reproduce in any of mine.

• Like 1

Silas, how can I send you that as an attach file?

• Like 1

Donald, a dropbox link always works. 

That said, you don't need to.  I think I've found the problem and fixed, hopefully correctly this time.

• Like 1