Understanding the Info Pane Word List

Mr. Craig

I am a 100% Newbie. I just moved from BibleWorks. 

The Word List in the info pane has no preference settings that I can find. I can't find anything in tutorials or help. I would like be be able to set the word list to verse > chapter > book. Am i missing something? In Bible works there was a Word Frequency window that the context for word frequency could be changed. The results could be sorted by frequency or alphabetically. 

I don't see a great benefit of a word list for one verse. 

Welcome to Accordance, Craig.

Accordance is a very powerful application and there is much to learn.

The Word list in the Info pane is a recent addition, and like all the features there, it's for quick reference only. To get a full word list on any portion of the text you would set the range (with the Range command or the Range pop-up) and search the Words for * (i.e. all words). Then go to Analytics: Analysis where the list of words can be sorted and broken down in various ways (using Set Analytics Display).

Please go to the Tutorials in the Help menu. There are some on Analytics, but we could use one on Making a Word List as that is a frequent question.

Craig, you may also find this video helpful. It explains the rationale behind the Info Pane's presentation of the various words' "concentration."

https://player.vimeo.com/video/189066564

Edited by David Lang
  • Like 1

I have attached a BW screenshot of what you are trying to achieve. If you open a new workspace with the NA28, switch the search to Word and enter * then click on the + on the right of the search box and select the range you want (I used Rom 12)(note that you may need to create the range) then click on the analytics and choose analysis you will get something similar, but also better. If you choose Text Display you can select many more options as to how you want to view the analysis.. lemma, inflected etc. I attached a screenshot of the completed search below as well.

The Info Pane Word List is only going to give you Words by the verse you are in.

The above shows what can be done to duplicate the BW Context pane, plus more. I realize it is a quick instruction and if you need further assistance, please post back.

post-1391-0-58830200-1576253383_thumb.png

post-1391-0-34404200-1576253393_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thank you everyone! I especially appreciated David Lang's video on the info pane! I had no idea what "concentration" was. Getting a usable frequency list is also very doable. 

John, thanks for your post, I didn't know this could be done and love this feature in BW - I have now saved this as a workspace...

Glad to be of assistance. Please feel free to post other features in BW that you would like to duplicate in Accordance and I will try and assist.

• Like 2