turn page instead of scrolling

Schulschlus

It would be great to have the option to change reading mode to turning pages, rather than scrolling through texts. This would work more like other reading apps, and might have some great benefits for using accordance on e-readers, where scrolling is way slower.

Matt can speak to this more authoritatively than me, but I assume since page turning has already been implemented in iOS that it's on the list of features to be added for Android. Our iOS app came out before the Android app, but it's catching up pretty quickly.

• Like 2

This is on the to-add list :) glad to hear there is interest for it!

• 7 months later...

This is on the to-add list :) glad to hear there is interest for it!

Are there any ETA on this function?

I've been using iOS and desktop so far but bought an onyx boox poke 2 for extended reading. Since the iOS app supported page turning, I assumed the android app did as well. The scrolling does not work well with e-ink devices, even though the refresh rates and bleed has been significantly improved in the latter years. For me it makes the long reads much easier on the eyes as well.

This would be a cherished addition to the android app, and I guess there are more people also waiting for the feature.

No definite ETA, but it is very high on the features to-add list.

• Like 2

Great to hear. Thank you for the reply, Matt!

• 3 months later...

+1

This feature would make the e-ink devices much more comfortable to use with Accordance.

• 3 months later...

YES!!! Please! It was such a downer when I found out it did not had this feature on Android. Just invested in a Onyx Boox Air to use with my Accordance library.

Please also:

• implement smaller font sizes for optimizing the reading experience on larger e-readers (10.3" sizes an upwards)
  • optimize highlighting experience. 
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

Hi. Is this implemented, the page turning feature? I’m planning to buy a new e-reader soon 🙂 If not, how close are we?

Not on the latest version unless I'm missing some setting somewhere.

On the font size it goes down to 7 pt. Do want smaller still ? I'm sure it could be done but I use 9pt on my phone and 10pt on my 10" tablet. But that may just be an indication of the state of my eyes.

Thx

D

Will page turning be added for windows/mac? I would love to see that become a new feature for Accordance14! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see this as well. I'd hate to think how much time (and eye strain) I've wasted trying to find the page number of a commentary I'm citing. I also wish I could find a way to change the global tool settings so that the page number could be something that jumps out a bit more. I've changed many of them to a brighter color but never got around to doing each commentary series I own. ...didn't mean to hijack the thread.

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2020 at 4:47 PM, Matt Robertson said:

Are we any closer? 🙂

As I understand it from elsewhere on the forums Android development has stalled because of staffing changes. I believe @R. Mansfield would be best placed to give an update.