Copy as Citation w/ Footnote Not Working

kearlan

Greetings. I'm brand new to Accordance (and Logos too) and loving it so far! But one of the reasons I was excited about Accordance was the "copy as citation" feature that allows copying a citation into a document, simultaneously making a footnote. Of note, I'm using MacOS 10.13.6 and Word for Mac 16.23.

Here's what I've done:

1. Enabled my citation options in "preferences"
  2. Checked "insert citation as footnote" under the bibliography tab in preferences
  3. Copied the text I want to insert using "copy as citation" (CTRL-Command-C on Mac)
  4. Pasted the text into word (tried pasting regularly and formatted). I get the citation copied into the main body as it should, but no footnote. :unsure:

I've tried everything I could think of, but it's not working. I am not getting a footnote in Word (or in Scrivener). This does work in Logos but it's pretty clunky there and takes a bunch of extra steps. Copy as bibliography also isn't creating the footnote. Looking at that seems like an older reference here, this seems like it should be doable (copied a screenshot below of the old Accordance page): 

post-35595-0-98857800-1556900266_thumb.png

Is this a bug? Anything I'm missing? Thanks and God Bless!

This is working for me from a Tool but not from a Text module. I think it's deliberate, that verse references are intended to follow the text rather than be placed in a footnote.

You do, of course have several Formats available in the Bibliography preferences, top pop-up menu.

What module are you copying a citation from?

• Like 1

What module are you copying a citation from?

Thanks for the help! This may be an issue right there - I'm not sure what "module" means here. I'm using this screen:

post-35595-0-08939200-1556907575_thumb.png

Ah, right. "Copy as Citation" from a bible text is not going provide footnotes. That only works from anything that's not a Bible (commentary, dictionary, journal, etc.).

• Like 1

Ah, right. "Copy as Citation" from a bible text is not going provide footnotes. That only works from anything that's not a Bible (commentary, dictionary, journal, etc.).

Thank you so much! And that makes a ton of sense. I was just testing out the tool on basically the first thing I had open which was a Bible. But just tried a commentary and it works beautifully! Thanks again everyone!!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Can anyone help me figure out why my Copy As>Citation and Copy As>Bibliography is not working?  I recently upgraded from Accordance Lite and even after I downloaded and installed Accordance 13, it is opening as Lite. When I try the Copy As>Citation or Bibliography, it only pastes what was highlighted, not the actual footnote or bibliography entries.

Any help? Bug? Contact Technical Support? 

I need help!

Thanks!

S

• Like 1

Hi @Solarsmith,

There is one 'Lite' workspace. You may be in it.

Try File > New Workspace and see if another workspace helps.

If it still isn't working for you, try going to the Bibliography section of your Accordance Preferences and 'uncheck' Insert citation only as footnote.

If you still can't get it to work you can contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com

Thanks.