Workplace as a TAB rather than floating window

Bielikov

I saved a workplace and then played with it and I wish to return to the original. I can find my labeled workplace but when I open it is as a new floating window. How do I get that floating window to become a tab, or where can I open that workplace so it is a TAB, rather than a floating window? Thanks.

Actually you can't. Even though you can save a single tab, it ends up saved as a workspace. I have asked that support be provided for saving a tab an reopening it as a tab in an existing workspace before now if I recall. So what you can do is open it in it's own window (workspace) and then drag it to the workspace you want I think. I cannot remember for sure but I think that worked when I tried it once. If not, there is a detach tab option that might do it for you. Again I cannot recall for sure. I don't have this issue often though. I work with workspaces pretty much all the time.

Thx

D

Actually you can't. Even though you can save a single tab, it ends up saved as a workspace. I have asked that support be provided for saving a tab an reopening it as a tab in an existing workspace before now if I recall. So what you can do is open it in it's own window (workspace) and then drag it to the workspace you want I think. I cannot remember for sure but I think that worked when I tried it once. If not, there is a detach tab option that might do it for you. Again I cannot recall for sure. I don't have this issue often though. I work with workspaces pretty much all the time.

Thx

D

I can confirm that this works to add tabs to a different workspace. You can also drag and drop tabs within a workspace and put them all over the place. That includes mixing and matching different locations for different tabs in different workspaces.

• 1 month later...

Jesse, thanks so very much. I will have to try it out as you explain. I apologize for taking so long to get back.