NETS Tagging

Sbjernegard

Are there any plans for tagging the NETS? Would love to see that in a future update!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I wished for years a LXX with numbers. Best would be the G/K Enhanced. And then translations with numbers.

• 1 year later...

Still no word about a tagged NETS? 

• Like 2

I'd be fine with a tagged SAAS or Brenton's -- any one of the three. I won't be picky.

We have the tagged JPS for the MT, but there's nothing tagged for the LXX.

• Like 1

What should I say after Accordance is strickt not willing.

Again: Take the principle of the Goodrick/Kohlenbeger Enhanced system and tag the LXX. After that tag LXX Translations. A good start would be to take the Apostolic Bible Polyglotte. 

To tag a text with numbers isn't copyrighted. If you don't believe me, I have the answer from Robert Downs Director of Licensing & Subsidiary Rights from thomasnelson.com as e-mail from the publisher of the 

Same for Deuterocanonical books.

Does anyone know of a numbering system currently available for the LXX? 

I mentioned in the post above. I have for sure over 5 times mentioned https://apostolicbible.com. It is based on Strong's, but expanded. This would be a good start. Later a G/KE, maybe in companion of Thomas Nelson. May they are interested to help. As I mentioned before, they would be able to release a Strongest Strong https://www.amazon.com/Strongest-NIV-Exhaustive-Concordance-Strongs/dp/0310262852 with the LXX as "Now the Strongest Strong with LXX" or so. But Someone has to make the start. Rick Bennet wouldn't do, but maybe someone other from the Accordance folks. This would reduce the cost of making such huge undertaking. Maybe the time was not there in the past, but maybe today. 

Edited by Fabian

2 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

Mark,
When I made the benign request that revived this old request, I completely spaced out on the implications that the Strong or G/KE numbering system does not cover the LXX. This is indeed a large project, and enters into scholarly cataloging realm. I have my own thoughts on how best to accomplish this, with the biggest bang for buck.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 1:07 PM, Mark Allison said:

Do we even need a numbering system? 

10 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Do we even need a numbering system? 

Yes, for the Vulgate-T too.

8 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Yes, for the Vulgate-T too.

Yes, that's a very good example, @Fabian.

The Vulgate is a translation of the Bible with extended canon not in the Hebrew Bible where we have tagging on words with Roman characters just like an English translation. 

image.png

• Like 1

Somewhere along the way, I came to think that key numbers were a dependency of the cross-highlighting feature, for instance.

Perhaps I am wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joe Weaks said:

Somewhere along the way, I came to think that key numbers were a dependency of the cross-highlighting feature, for instance.

Perhaps I am wrong.

I'm not a programmer. How it all actually works is a mystery of the ages for me. It seems like we might have two tasks to consider: (1) tagging a title like NETS with an extended OT canon, and (2) finding an additional method for cross highlighting. 

On 3/21/2022 at 7:56 PM, Joe Weaks said:

Perhaps I am wrong.

I think that was originally the case, but now the MT-LXX parallel/interlinear and the Targums WordMap are also used for cross-highlighting. Presumably, if one made an LXX translations WordMap, it would enable cross highlighting and the TEXT command. However, LXX translations may have new editions, unlike the Targums, so perhaps a Strong’s-like numbering system would be better, in that each translation would be independently tagged.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jlm said:

a Strong’s-like numbering system would be better, in that each translation would be independently tagged.

I think this is the case. Implementation of an LXX-expanded numbering system would provide several benefits then that can use the number tagging as a dependency. That includes more than one LXX edition and translations as well.

• Like 2