Morphology Chart

Fabian

I assumed it was just the fewer steps.

But I also initially thought that all possible forms, rather than all attested in the current text, was what was wanted, which would be a bunch more work. But this just seems like a workflow optimization.

Thx

D

Yes to display ALL possible forms. Logos did there really a great job. Edited by Fabian

Yes to display ALL possible forms.

Ah .... so that's a bit more work. Simply permuting forms by an algorithm will get you to forms (possibly incorrect) which have never been seen.

All that are attested is also more difficult because that requires a much wider search than the current text. It could be done by compiling a database of attested forms, but that's a ton of work.

Thx

D

No I mean ALL what is present in all texts not all what is possible.

I know Latin-is-simple.com has a tool which fills all forms even there is no such word in all latin texts based in the rules. I don’t mean that. I guess we talk about the Same.

Edited by Fabian

ah ... ok. I misunderstood. We mean the same thing.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Joel,

I'm thinking in terms of how this feature would be used in Greek class. Personally, there wouldn't be to gain, but pedagogically it would prove immensely helpful. 

Out of curiosity, for all of those "+1"ing this, what is the advantage of these charts or 'Forms' table over our analysis?  By simply searching for the lemma and pulling up Analysis, with some simple customization I can get what seems to be the exact same information.  Is the advantage just the fewer steps and more 2D columned display?

• Like 1

Is the advantage just the fewer steps and more 2D columned display?

Yes, as far as I can see.  A  great learning / teaching tool with fewer steps / less time.  And I do like things in columns too.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

I thought about the alternative of using analytics before I posted my +1. It's a matter of convenience, and I would use this feature. At the same time, other things are more important to me, especially more robust and full-featured import for user content.

Perhaps instead of a program feature, this could be done as something like an analytic lexicon, automatically compiled by Oak Tree by looping over their tagged texts in a given language. The compiled lexicon could be used in instant details or by amplifying to it, and the columns would just be a matter of formatting the data in tables in the lexicon. Such a lexicon would also be useful with untagged texts: searching it for inflected forms would reveal possible parsings.