Morphology Chart

Fabian

Something like this:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/113893/755223.aspx

Click on a word in a morphology tagged Bible, right click "Morphology Chart" and you get a full Chart of all variations which are tagged.

I know the information is available in Accordance, but at the moment no filter to see them in a Chart.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 3

+10 :)

The very best thing would be individual charts that could be called up through the contextual menu.

The next best would be a tagged reference to principal charts. This is a feature in bibleworks which is a fine solution.

Morten

• Like 2

+1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

As a reminder: It is requested here also.

In BW it is called "Forms" in the Analysis Window.

post-32723-0-80828600-1567931799_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

+1000

• Like 1

+ 1. I used this feature a lot in BW. It's especially helpful if you're trying to go beyond just reading the texts (i.e., building a passive knowledge) and are trying to work towards an oral or written capability (active knowledge).

• Like 4

At present, I use the Research tab on Greek texts to find attested forms that I am trying to check spelling of when writing. With enough Greek texts behind it, it is often enough. But a morph chart would help too.

Thx

D

• Like 2

+1

Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

That is a tall order. Essentially re-tagging everything and then adding a further code loop on top of that with individual functionality per word. It would be awesome but what a task I would imagine

I don't see the need for a retag. The words are already tagged with lex forms. All this requires is to trigger the search from a context menu option and some display work. Acc can already answer the question from the existing tagging unless I'm missing something.

Thx

D

• Like 1

That is a tall order. Essentially re-tagging everything and then adding a further code loop on top of that with individual functionality per word. It would be awesome but what a task I would imagine

I'm not so sure. In BW, this was implemented as a new feature in their last iteration. There, I think it was more a question of doing an inflected search and putting it together with the tagging info. BW was a small company, and I couldn't imagine them going back and re-tagging their OT and NT texts.

This is what it looked like in BW (right-most screen):

post-34440-0-65688200-1587968006_thumb.jpg

Very nice as the results were collated immediately upon mousing over a word!

• Like 2

I'm not so sure. In BW, this was implemented as a new feature in their last iteration. There, I think it was more a question of doing an inflected search and putting it together with the tagging info. BW was a small company, and I couldn't imagine them going back and re-tagging their OT and NT texts.

This is what it looked like in BW (right-most screen):

attachicon.gifforms in BW.jpg

Very nice as the results were collated immediately upon mousing over a word!

I don't see the need for a retag. The words are already tagged with lex forms. All this requires is to trigger the search from a context menu option and some display work. Acc can already answer the question from the existing tagging unless I'm missing something.

Thx

D

Sounds easier than I assumed then- *wipes brow and turns face towards the state of Florida*

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, for all of those "+1"ing this, what is the advantage of these charts or 'Forms' table over our analysis?  By simply searching for the lemma and pulling up Analysis, with some simple customization I can get what seems to be the exact same information.  Is the advantage just the fewer steps and more 2D columned display?

Simplicity like the Live-Click. And much faster. In Accordance is all a Search, but this makes a lot slower than it can be.

I was in a conversation with a friend about translating a word and how the related words are konjugiert. There was no time to do every time a search. So we opened BW for it. And the visual effects especial of Logos are übersichtlicher also the one from BW.

Edited by Fabian

I assumed it was just the fewer steps.

But I also initially thought that all possible forms, rather than all attested in the current text, was what was wanted, which would be a bunch more work. But this just seems like a workflow optimization.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

Is the advantage just the fewer steps and more 2D columned display?

Yes.  :D

• Like 1