Really need some help

Emanuel Cardona

Normally a router presents a user interface through a webserver running on the router itself. This is usually at IP address 192.168.0.1. This can be hit from a browser on a machine on the local network which is connected to the router. You can just open a browser window and type in 192.168.0.1 into the place you would normally type in the URL for a website. And hit return. It's not guaranteed of course but I would expect it to bring up a login prompt to your router. Now it could be different and thus this test might be inconclusive but if it succeeds then it means you are connected at least to the LAN.

The same connectivity can be checked by printing to a network printing or contacting another machine on the network, for example mapping a network drive on another machine. I don't know if you have other PCs on the network though.

Thx

D

I checked to see IP address and yes it is the one you mentioned. I followed your steps. See the screenshot.

Unfortunately, I do not have another PC at the moment.

Ah ok - inconclusive then. Worth a quick shot but some tests are like that.

I am very puzzled by the apparent connectivity to the router yet nothing more than that.

Will think more on it

Thx

D

I appreciate all the help you or anyone can offer. Thank you D and the rest on this forum. I will check back tomorrow.

Try running the connection wizard again. Have sent you details in a private email. Connection to router seems fine so need to establish contact with your provider which goes back to your first control panel screen shot.