Add Context

DavidKrishef

In Accordance 6, there was an option below the search window to add context. I would search for a particular word/verse, and I could easily change the number of verses before/after the verse for which I was searching from 1 to 3 or 4 to 10 or more. It seems that that option has been removed -- or just moved to the preferences, and changing the preferences under "Search Window," but when I changed the number from 3 to 0 in the preferences, it didn't affect my current search, and even when I re-did the search, I still got verses before and after the ones containing my search term.

Is there a way I can regain the easy functionality of 6.9?

That's interesting because in 7.0 I still have this functionality the same as in all previous versions I've owned. Are you sure you're looking in the right place (more options, right-clicking more options, or the new location of the context icon grouped with the texts)?

That's interesting because in 7.0 I still have this functionality the same as in all previous versions I've owned. Are you sure you're looking in the right place (more options, right-clicking more options, or the new location of the context icon grouped with the texts)?

Robb - you've answered the question, but raised another question. If I open more options, the only options are "search within every [] of []," and "compare texts." But if I control click on more options, I get the set context option. In 6.9, there was a context icon to click and set the context level - I would look to see exactly where it was, but 7.0 deleted my 6.9, so I can't check it out!

Robb - what do you mean by "the new location of the context icon grouped with the texts?" I can't find what you are referring to.

David

Hi David,

I believe Robb was pointing you to the resource palette under >Text = next to the Parallel Text icon is the Context icon.

David,

I pasted two pictures that show what you're looking for. The "Add Context" button is the bottom right icon, and Add Context still appears in more options for me.

David,

I pasted two pictures that show what you're looking for. The "Add Context" button is the bottom right icon, and Add Context still appears in more options for me.

Robb - thanks for the picture. In case anyone else is interested, on my 15 inch iBook I have narrowed the main Accordance window a bit - and after some checking, it appears that if the window is narrower than about 6 inches, the show context button disappears -- that's why I thought it wasn't there. Never happened to me in Accord. 6.

Archived