How near are Resources for the rest of Christianity?

Fr. Rusty

Can we/I be given any type of timetable and/or list for resources coming to Accordance that are Catholic, Orthodox/Anglican?

This is meant to be a simple question, I just really need to know if Accordance is going to be able to meet my needs. I must make some decisions soon, going nuts with trying to get what I need on a working, functional platform.

If cannot, then I just need to know.

Thank you so much for any light you may be able to give.

Just to be clear, so there are no misunderstandings: I love Accordance functionality, speed, stability, it is the best there is for Word/Language studies.

Yet I have needs far beyond that one section, thus the need of my question.

We have tried and tried to get more Catholic, Orthodox, and Lutheran resources, and so far we have not been able to license them. Believe me, it's not for want of trying. If you want to email me a list of the most critical ones for you, we'll try again. Have you considered supplementing Accordance with ebooks?

• Like 1

Thank you Helen and all the folks at Accordance for providing a wide breadth of resources. You have spoiled us, and all of us want "more." What you have is fantastic, and I am grateful.

Helen: Are you available by phone or e-mail this week? I know it's supposed to be a day off for you today.

Not trying to be a bother, just "have" to do something.

Yes, e-books have their place and I have a really good hardcopy library. But I need these resources to be searchable and work within the software.

Thanks.

Yes Michael Thats true and I am certainly not being disrespectful to what what is already available . Yet, my needs and those of many others are not met here. I need them to be here ( opposed to "over there" ) . I want to understand why they are not here and what can be done to get them here. Writing to publishers is not getting it done.

Perhaps speaking with Nashotah House, St Vlads etc. will help, I just do not know. There has to be a way to get a wider scope of resources here. ( Trying to be nice about the fact "others" have many, many resources we do not). I do not want to violate posting rules or decent manners.

Yes, Grateful for what Accordance does and the resources they have, it's just simple fact that many/most outside Language tools I don't have any need of.

Edited by Fr. Rusty
  • Like 1

Yes Michael Thats true and I am certainly not being disrespectful to what what is already available...

Fr Rusty

In no way did I wish to infer that you were disrespectful. I empathize with your frustration. My intent was to thank Helen et alia for phenomenal work that blesses us all.

I certainly support the crusade for enlarging the scope of theological resources available.

Shalom,

Michael

Accordance is working on getting the New Interpreter's Bible which is very ecumenical in it's writers & it contain the full alexandrian canon used by the Catholic Church. I would love Accordance to get what has always been an Anglican favourite the New Oxford Annotated Bible.

-Dan

Edited by DWFrancis
  • Like 1

I would love Accordance to get what has always been an Anglican favourite the New Oxford Annotated Bible.

yes, Yes YES!!!!

Please!

• Like 1

• 6 years later...