Installation issue

Matthew Seymour

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from Accordance 7 to 9. Last week I did a lion upgrade (clean install, with time machine documents and settings restore). When I try to install accordance from the installer file on the web site I have problems. The program installs okay, but then when I start it it cannot find any of the data files for my bibles and content. If I go through the easy install pane it seems to think that everything is installed fine and won't let me reinstall any of my packages.

I've tried deleting the preferences folder in the library, but that does not seem to work either.

I can't install 7 and do an upgrade to 9 (which is what I did before with no issues) because Lion will not run the version 7 installer.

Any idea for what I've done wrong?

Thanks.

Matthew

I did a screenshare and we renamed the Accordance Preferences in the user/Library/Preferences, and he was able to download his modules. In LIon you must press option as you access the Go menu in order to see the user/Library folder.

Hi,

The above solution worked really well. I am really impressed with Accordance and the quality of the support offered. I posted the forum question (expecting help from other accordance users) and within about 10 minutes I got a phone call from Helen at Accordance with the offer to screen share to solve the problem. We fixed it in around 10 minutes over the phone.

This gives me a lot of confidence in the product and makes me want to invest further in it when it comes to purchasing new resources.

Thank you.

Matthew

Hi,

The above solution worked really well. I am really impressed with Accordance and the quality of the support offered. I posted the forum question (expecting help from other accordance users) and within about 10 minutes I got a phone call from Helen at Accordance with the offer to screen share to solve the problem. We fixed it in around 10 minutes over the phone.

This gives me a lot of confidence in the product and makes me want to invest further in it when it comes to purchasing new resources.

Thank you.

Matthew

Truly a great product serviced by incredible people with fantastic customer support!

Archived