Maps Problem in 9.3.1

Ed Heckman

I've stumbled across an apparent bug in Accordance 9.3.1. The Infrared, Night Vision and Satellite maps have stopped working for me.

If I select any of them from the Resources pallet, they won't open in the workspace. If I select one of the other map colors, a new zone will open with that color. But if I select one of the troublesome backgrounds, the map won't change and the popup menu displays only partial or no text.

Update: I decided to remove those three from the library and download fresh copies using Easy Install. That fixed the problem.

I confirmed the problem and your solution. Thank you very much.

I confirmed the problem too. However, the files themselves are still in the Atlas files folder. Rather than re-installing them, you can just remove them from the library and then re-add them to the library.

I confirmed the problem too. However, the files themselves are still in the Atlas files folder. Rather than re-installing them, you can just remove them from the library and then re-add them to the library.

I also had to reinstall my user tools (double clicked them in the Finder; there may be other ways).

I've stumbled across an apparent bug in Accordance 9.3.1. The Infrared, Night Vision and Satellite maps have stopped working for me.

If I select any of them from the Resources pallet, they won't open in the workspace. If I select one of the other map colors, a new zone will open with that color. But if I select one of the troublesome backgrounds, the map won't change and the popup menu displays only partial or no text.

We have found and fixed this bug and it will be fixed in the next release. The Infrared, Night Vision and Satellite backgrounds were moved from a sub folder ("Just for Fun") to the same folder as the rest of the backgrounds during a previous Atlas update. Previous versions of Accordance were still able to find these backgrounds without alerting the user. Accordance 9.3.1 is not handling the "lost" backgrounds.

Accordance 9.3.2 will ask the user to locate the "lost" backgrounds so you will not have to remove them from the library.

Sorry for the hassles,

Mike

Archived