Expositor's Bible Commentary

Helen Brown

If you have used this commentary in print and/or in Accordance, please review it for others' benefit, and give the module an overall rating in the top right corner by Rate Topic.

• 2 months later...

Helen,

Will Zondervan be updating this commentary series with the newer revisions that are already in publication? Thanks.

We are still negotiating with Zondervan, so we cannot give you a definitive answer yet.

• 2 months later...

A good solid evangelical set. One of my first goto stops for study.

This was one of the first Bible commentary software modules I bought. It's a reliable evangelical commentary that covers the whole Bible balancing depth with size. This makes it a good, affordable all-rounder. My OT commentary set is still pretty light-on, so it's essential or me when I'm studying the OT, but I usually wind up with the EBC in the NT just because of its accessibility. It's a good start, but I wouldn't want to rely on it as my sole resource for sermon preparation and serious study in the long term.

• 10 months later...

Helen,

Has this commentary been updated? I see your comment about negotiations was over a year ago. Just curious how that is coming along?

Thanks!

Christi

• 2 weeks later...

If ordered now, do we pay when it is released? Please clarify. Thanks!

Thanks Helen. I suspect from reading this that the module is so substantially different from the current EBC that there is no upgrade path. True?

Appears an upgrade option will be available. Check out the very bottom of the announcement:

Accordance users who currently own the Classic Expositor's Bible Commentary will be contacted via email about special upgrade pricing.

http://www.accordancebible.com/EBC-Revised-Pre-Pub

Thanks Sean

Have existing owners been notified of the upgrade option yet?

• 3 weeks later...

I know the release is several months away but any idea when we will be seeing the upgrade details in our inbox? I only ask because i know other companies upgrade deadlines for EBC are already expired and I don't want to miss out.

-Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Did the email go out yet? I haven't received it.

• 4 months later...

It will not overwrite it as the module name is different: EBC-R.

OK thanks! Thats good to know.

It is a separate module (EBC-R) and will NOT overwrite the 1st edition (EBC, EBC notes).

Here's a quick review:

Thanks for the quick review: I was going to wait until payday to order it but now the kids are going to have to eat their shoes for a week. :)