Aliased Text?

Edified

I just downloaded the 6.1 Demo. I was greeted by a page of horribly aliased text. Has this been addressed in subsequent versions? Is there a way to turn on anti-aliasing of text? If there is why isn't it on by default.

I searched the forums for 'alias', 'anti-alias' and 'antialias' but I didn't turn up anything.

I bought QuickVerse recently as a cheap reference but they do not offer NIV. What I did notice is that all text- even Hebrew and Greek are rendered beautifully by MacOS X in all of their modules, so I know it can be done.

Additionally I couldn't get a contextual menu when I control-click or when I right-click.

Is there a timeframe to modernize Accordance?- I've read that it's the best and obviously it's got some way powerful tools but it looks quite dated to me.

Blessings, Ed.

What used to be called anti-aliasing is now technically in OS X called Quartz smoothing. This was implemented in version 6.6, but not in the demo which is 6.1. In any case the demo Greek and Hebrew fonts are just a few bitmaps versus the full set which is supplied when you purchase the program.

We have not updated all the module snapshots to show the text smoothing, but if you look at Codex Bezae or the BHS-GBS with the apparatus, and click the screenshot to see it at full size, you can see how the text appears in the newer versions.

We are working on contextual menus for version 7 which is due for release in the first half of 2006. Yes, we are always working to upgrade Accordance. Check out all the new features since 6.0. which include the Widget, Unicode export, startup defaults, graphs for reference tools, Atlas upgrades and many more. 6.0 itself was a major redesign of the interface, and is described here.

Thanks Helen. I'm glad to hear that the demo is outdated and that you're all are keeping up with the times. It's important to support old customers but it's also really important not to forget new and future users. Make Accordance the best it can be, don't let it be held back by old technology. What works on old hardware now will always work on old hardware- keep Accordance fresh and new for new audiences.

I'm hoping to check out a sneak peek of version 7 at MacWorld. Will you have a booth there?

Blessings, Ed.

Yes, we will be at MacWorld, See my post yesterday. We will be showing all the great new modules and features we have in 6.9. We are not quite as tight as Apple is over not-yet-released features, but almost. ;)

Archived