Bug: Text Display and Tool Display Preferences

AdamR

The Text Display and Tool Display preferences do not "stick" in Accordance 9. I'm using a fresh install of Accordance 9 (not an upgrade from version 8).

The settings that you choose seem to apply just fine, but the window itself seems to display the wrong information. For example, in the screenshot attached, I chose Times as my default font for all Bible and other texts, but as soon as I open the Preferences again (even after clicking OK), it changes back to Lucida Grande. However, the font does change in the Bibles and texts as promised. The preferences window just doesn't show it correctly! Likewise, I have set the background of my texts to Parchment and the leading at 25%. Both are "forgotten" by the preferences window as soon as I close out of it, but the changes are made to the texts themselves.

post-30257-128491181738_thumb.png

I cannot reproduce this. If I make a change to my preferences, such as up my Leading to 30% and close the preferences, hitting OK, if I then return to the preferences it recalled 30%. Same applies to the text background color and font. Are you sure you are saving via the OK button? Perhaps you have a permissions problem? Try running Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions if you haven't recently, as this may help clean up that issue. Can anyone else confirm this?

I cannot reproduce this. If I make a change to my preferences, such as up my Leading to 30% and close the preferences, hitting OK, if I then return to the preferences it recalled 30%. Same applies to the text background color and font. Are you sure you are saving via the OK button? Perhaps you have a permissions problem? Try running Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions if you haven't recently, as this may help clean up that issue. Can anyone else confirm this?

Joel,

Thanks for the response.

My permissions are fine according to Disk Utility. And, lo and behold, I just opened Accordance this morning and the preferences are correct! Maybe it requires you to quit Accordance and then re-open it for the preferences to stick? I don't know, but it's working for me now. Thanks for the help!

It shouldn't require a restart of Accordance to do that, but perhaps your restart cleared up its saving. Now, without restarting Accordance, does it still save the preferences?

It shouldn't require a restart of Accordance to do that, but perhaps your restart cleared up its saving. Now, without restarting Accordance, does it still save the preferences?

Joel,

Yes, everything seems to be in working order now. Thanks again!

Archived