Startup-->Last Session causes Crash

TjpwX

Accordance 9.0

Even though I have deleted the 'Start Session' file from user->Library->Preferences->Accordance Preferences and have cleared out old workspaces from version 8, the program crashes when I start it. When Startup->Default Search Window is selected, all is well. At that point I can select a workspace to open. So, does anyone have an idea when 'last session' startup causes it to crash. BTW, I can easily reproduce this. Thanks.

We are working on the issue. See this topic. In the meantime you can ziop up and post your startup session, but keep your settings on Default window for now.

Thanks for posting the files. However, they do not crash on any of the machines over here. Perhaps I can work with you in person at some point and find the cause of the crash? My theory is a corrupt module preference, but I am not sure, as we cannot reproduce it internally.

Thanks for posting the files. However, they do not crash on any of the machines over here. Perhaps I can work with you in person at some point and find the cause of the crash? My theory is a corrupt module preference, but I am not sure, as we cannot reproduce it internally.

Let me know when you're available and we can Skype. If you can't identify the problem, what do you suggest? Reinstall v.8 and install 9 again?

It's OK, another user allowed us to play on his Mac and Joel just found the crash. It happens when you have it set to Last Session and you have not suppressed the Opening Text Information, both on the General Preferences page. Change either of those preferences, and it should startup fine. Of course we will fix the bug for 9.0.1.

It's OK, another user allowed us to play on his Mac and Joel just found the crash. It happens when you have it set to Last Session and you have not suppressed the Opening Text Information, both on the General Preferences page. Change either of those preferences, and it should startup fine. Of course we will fix the bug for 9.0.1.

That fixed it. Thanks. Great work.

Archived