Apple Passkey

Hello Forum

Can I use an Apple Passkey to log in to Accordance?

Passkeys are encrypted. Passwords are not. Its more secure.

Many companies are now switching to passkeys and two-step verification.

Thanks for your help

Edited by rgallo
added text

Hi @rgallo,

I have no idea about their plans, but what you wrote raises a question about password managers. Regardless if it is Apple's Password app, or another password manager, it just seems risky to store ALL passwords in one location. Don't you ever have concerns about there being a hack or something?

Further, while I admit I feel a little better if it is Apple specifically, it just seems disturbing for a company (like the 1Password people), to have access to ALL your passwords. I know they are nonetheless popular, and I am wondering why the general public doesn't see this as a security risk.

10 minutes ago, Kristin said:

it just seems disturbing for a company (like the 1Password people), to have access to ALL your passwords. 

1Password doesn't have access to your passwords. The passwords are stored in a local, encrypted database. 1Password just makes the software. 

Hi @JonathanHuber,

What about the hacking concern I raised above? Is there a reason that isn't a concern for you? 

I don't believe we support Passkeys yet. It's something we can look into.

I've had good success in general with either Keeper or Proton Pass as solid password managers. They also support Passkeys.

I'm not a huge fan of iCloud Keychain pre-Passwords app since it was a little clunky. May play around with the new Passwords app.

I've played around with 1Password, Bitwarden, and LastPass in the past.