Tying Windows

Tom

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have one window, with four tabs.

The second tab is tied to the first, as is the third.

I duplicated the first tab, and dragged the tab over to the right so it is now my fourth.

I control clicked on the tab name and selected it to be tied to the first tab.

When I look up a verse in the first tab, the second and third tabs change to reflect the verse in the first tab, but not the fourth tab.

The fourth tab is a window made up of four panes with four different translations.

I want to be able to have the option to easily look at four additional translations that I have looked up in my first tab.

Each of the the tab-windows (except the first) have a * in the search field. I assume this is what should be there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Hi, Tom. I am unable to reproduce your problem, I tried it with some basic search texts, and after tying the duplicated (now 4th) tab, all 3 functioned correctly tied to the first tab. Can you post a screenshot of the first and 4th tabs in a setup in which it doesn't work?

Thank.

Here are two screen shots. Note the tabs of the first screen shot window. The second screen shot is of the fourth tab. Note tie- to symbol in both. This window reminds blank when I do a simple verse look up in the first window.

I'm sure I am missing something simple.

Thanks,

Tom

post-200-125886899422_thumb.png

post-200-125886902607_thumb.png

It looks to me as if you simply haven't clicked OK in the fourth tab so it has no verses at all to display. You need to do this each time you reopen the workspace as Accordance does not rerun the search in each tab.

Now, had your windows been using a command like LINK or CONTENTS, all dependent windows would update each time you changed the argument and clicked OK, but this applies only to commands. When windows are tied they simply scroll to match the content of the top verse in the other window.

It looks to me as if you simply haven't clicked OK in the fourth tab so it has no verses at all to display. You need to do this each time you reopen the workspace as Accordance does not rerun the search in each tab.

Thanks Helen. Something simple.

Tom

Archived