Hebrew Audio Bible with PlayBack Speed Controller

rgallo

Hello

I found this today at Haktuvim.co.il

It has several audio bibles in Hebrew from the BSI Bible Society in Israel

If you look in the upper right hand corner you will see the mini player.

Audio PlayBack Speeds:

0.5x

0.75x

1x

1.5x

2x

MINI PLAYER

Screenshot2024-05-29at6_24_44PM.png.e7067257a622dca197920f50c10157b8.png

WEBSITE

Screenshot2024-05-29at6_23_03PM.thumb.png.d70152f4827e859ea3058963c80d116e.png

• Like 2

Thanks! This is a good one to use inside the Accordance Web App.

Posted (edited)

The ability to control speed of the audio modules has been requested numerous times in various threads over the years.

Alas, no response from Accordance officials.

I pulled up Haktuvim.co.il in the Accordance browser, and the playback speed controls were absent. Sigh!

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

The ability to control speed of the audio modules has been requested numerous times in various threads over the years.

Ya, it seems like a lot have stuff has been requested numerous times. :( Audio controls, ability to export one's own work (i.e., notes), progress with highlight and note corruption, ANET, etc, etc. I feel like we are getting boxed into finding things elsewhere (such as audio with speed controls, and Accordance apparently thinks that is a good idea based on Nathan's comment. So sort of confusing.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

Alas, no response from Accordance officials.

I pulled up Haktuvim.co.il in the Accordance browser, and the playback speed controls were absent. Sigh!

Hello @Michael J. Bolesta

If you go directly to the Haktuvim website not using the Accordance browser it does work. You will see the mini player. 

I tried the same thing you did using the Accordance browser and yes you are right the playback speed controller was absent. 

I think I found the problem. Go to the Web Browser in the Toolbar  and bring up the Accordance website.

To the left of the address field is the refresh button ( looks like a round circle arrow). Press it and now type in haktuvim.co.il

It worked and I was able to see the controller. Running Sonoma 14.5 Accordance14.0.9

What I am seeing is https://haktuvim.co.il/en/study/Gen. 1.1

Screenshot2024-05-30at5_23_15PM.thumb.png.14a385288a468d597a6f8ffcbb924953.png

Posted (edited)

Thanks

Edited by rgallo

Posted (edited)

Hello @Dr. Nathan Parker

Thanks. When I find a good audio bible I save it as a workspace.

Thanks for the info about bible mate.org AI Chat

That one also works in the Accordance browser.

Edited by rgallo

Playback control speed is on my list to bring up to programmers, although I'll bring it up to them after syncing is out.

@rgallo thank you for the tip. This is the same audio that Accordance offers as their Hebrew Audio module. The website does work in the Accordance web browser. It navigates to chapters, but not to a specific verse for audio.

It may be helpful for the readings in which the native speaker talks fast.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Playback control speed is on my list to bring up to programmers, although I'll bring it up to them after syncing is out.

That is welcome, though I do not think I should hold my breath.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

@rgallo thank you for the tip. This is the same audio that Accordance offers as their Hebrew Audio module. The website does work in the Accordance web browser. It navigates to chapters, but not to a specific verse for audio.

It may be helpful for the readings in which the native speaker talks fast.

Maybe you could send them some feedback to add the feature for specific verse for audio