I miss the option to "buy as a gift" in the Accordance store

Being trained as a pastor means making friends with many theologians. All of them could make good use of software for biblical exegesis (the best of the best: Accordance). But not all of them use it or have it. Being in training also means not to have too much money to spend on anything (sometimes not even on the best of the best software for biblical exegesis). Last but not least: Being a young theologian in training for ministry or faculty means there could be opportunities to get presents from others. It is heard that young people are getting married or that they just grow one year older.
And that's the situation where my problem comes up. I miss an easy option and button "buy as a gift"/ "buy as a present" in the Accordance store when proceeding through "Checkout".

Am I the only one missing it?

Hi @Simon Goenner. If you're not aware, the Accordance store offers the option to buy a gift card in any amount and delivered to the recipient via email. It's not as convenient as what you've proposed, but it should hold you over until such a feature is added. :)

What I like about your idea is that, if I see a resource on sale, I would be able to gift it immediately at the sale price. But, with the gift card approach, if the recipient doesn't purchase the item before the sale ends, they'll lose out on the discount.

In addition to @Steven S's comment, you can contact our sales team and gift a module to someone (they can process it manually). That is one way to still have the "feature" and be able to deal with our fantastic sales team in the process. 

• Like 1

Thank you, @Steven S in fact I was not aware of the gift card. I can imagine that my proposal might not be super easy to implement. What the Accordance-team could do super easily (in 5 min work) is to add some information on how to make Accordance-presents under https://www.accordancebible.com/purchase-options/

Today I got some info via mail by the Customer Service. I could give them a call to place an order as a gift or create an online account for the recipient and place the order that way. Just add these infos (and the gift card) under purchase-options!

Still, Steven S, you pointed out why the more convenient way of a "buy as present"-button would be of good use: to make a haste on ressources on sale.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback @Simon Goenner! We can consider it for our store for the future, although it would take some effort to implement.

In the meantime, I like your idea about a "Give the Gift of Accordance" page for customers. @Sean Nelson, we can chat about this.