Items not showing up in Easy Install

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

On May 1 I "purchased" the three free Edersheim works from the (corrected) May Newsletter.  I hadn't gotten around to installing them until today, only to discover that they don't appear as an Easy Install option on any of my devices.  (an Intel Macbook Running Ventura, an iPhone 8 iOS 16.7.7, and iPad 10 running iPad OS 17.4.1, an HP Intel Core i3 running Windows 10 Home).  I have an email verifying the "purchase" and they show up in My Account>Orders on the website.  

On my Mac, I have:

-clicking on the gear icon in the Easy Install window and choosing "Refresh List"

-Restarted Accordance

-Restarted Accordance in safe mode and cleared some caches

However, given that it's not working on any of my devices, I don't think the problem is on my end.

One other note on both my Mac and the Windows machine in my office: if Open Easy Install, click the gear icon in that window and choose "Show Installed Items," the newest item on the list gives a date of 10/23/17.  I have purchased numerous modules for Accordance since that date, including ones that were new releases when I purchased them.  [The Nouvelle Français Courant is just one example]. If I use the "search" box in the Easy Install window to search for these newer modules, it cannot find them.  [These purchases are, however, listed as purchased on my account on the website]. All of these modules that are missing on the "Installed Items list" are already installed on these devices. 

Followup:  on the website (Account>Orders), my purchase history only goes back to 4/27/2018.  I checked several of the titles from that order history, and none of them show up on the "installed items list."

Posted (edited)

I had a similar problem last week and contacted support. The tech I spoke to did something, then I refreshed my list using the gear icon. The missing module appeared. 

Edited by Louis Lapides

I’ve got the same problem. I can download purchased items to my iPad, but not on my Mac or iPhone. Haven’t tried it on Windows or Android devices. 

I've had to occasionally click the gear icon on Windows to refresh the list.

Just now, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

I've had to occasionally click the gear icon on Windows to refresh the list.

I've tried that multiple times, on both Windows and Mac, to no avail.  

Hmmm, you can try logging out of Easy Install and logging back in or trying Accordance Safe Mode. If that doesn't work, reach out to Tech Support.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Hmmm, you can try logging out of Easy Install and logging back in or trying Accordance Safe Mode. If that doesn't work, reach out to Tech Support.

As I noted in my first post, I tried Safe Mode and it didn't make a difference.  Logging out and back in didn't do it, either.  I have a call in to Tech Support.  

Tech support did get back to me.  He did something before he returned my call to "push out" my purchases.  With that and a refresh of the Easy Install, that corrected the issue on my Mac, both the Edersheim items not showing up and the post 2017 purchases not showing.

It has yet to work on my phone or my iPad, but I'm willing to give it a little more time.  I'm not in the office this afternoon to check and see if it is working again on the Windows machine, but I'll report back when I am. 

Managed to get it to work on my Mac and iPhone after logging out of Easy Install and then login again. 

@Lorinda H. M. Hoover Thanks for the update there. Keep us posted.

Easy install is now working on the Windows machine in my office.  Turns out another recently purchased module that I hadn’t yet installed on my Windows machine was also not showing, but did after the fix.  And, as on my Mac, if I show installed modules, my post-2017 purchases are now showing again. 

Still not working on my iPad or iPhone; I was told to call back today if that was still the case, which I plan to do this afternoon. 

Got the iPad and iPhone issue sorted without needing to call tech support.  I remembered that in the Settings app of IOS there are options similar to the "safe mode" options on Macs and Windows.   Specifically, this is what I did:

I opened the settings app on my device

I searched for "Accordance" in the search bar in settings and selected it when it came up

I turned on "Remove Saved Session" and "Clear Download Cache"

I returned to the home screen and then started Accordance

from there I did the usual Easy Install sequence (Tap to bring up the icons on the bottom, choose the download one, etc.)

After doing that, the recently "purchased" modules appeared. 

Glad it's working! Funny thing is I'm in the process of shooting a QuickTip video on this exact thing.