Is The Great Bible 1539 available somewhere?

Kristin

Is there a way to get the The Great Bible 1539 in Accordance? I was looking on the Accordance Exchange but didn't see anything.

Thanks,

Kristin

• Like 1

If you can hunt down the text to it somewhere, we could look at pulling it in. Would be a great addition!

• Like 1

I also moved this to Module Requests so we can better track it.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

If you can hunt down the text to it somewhere, we could look at pulling it in. Would be a great addition!

Hi Nathan, here is the entire Bible, and I am glad you agree it would be good to include. :)

https://textusreceptusbibles.com/Great/1/1

Thanks! I'll look into this and see if I can use it as a Bible Project to try. :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/27/2024 at 4:21 AM, Kristin said:

Is there a way to get the The Great Bible 1539 in Accordance? I was looking on the Accordance Exchange but didn't see anything.

Thanks,

Kristin

Kristin, slightly off topic. If you are after early translations and im not sure if you already have it but there is already a copy of Tyndale somewhere in accordance. I couldn't find it in the library when i searched and the copy in accordance has a few variances in it compared to my british library hard copy of the 1526 nt. 

D4865380-CC3F-4B66-96FB-E447C456C967.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Hi @ukfraser,

Yes, I like old versions, and I do have Tyndale. That was very considerate of you to suggest it. :) 

Someone had mentioned something about the Great Bible the other day and I had just been surprised how it differed from the old bibles I have, so it made me really curious. 

Regarding Tyndale, I just tried searching in the store too but can't find it either. I know there have been a lot of threads about it, but I really hope searching the store is drastically improved. It is pretty intense that we are both searching for a resource Accordance has but neither of us can find it. (I can find it on the Accordance Exchange, btw, but the copy we both have seems to be from Accordance).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Hi @ukfraser,

Yes, I like old versions, and I do have Tyndale. That was very considerate of you to suggest it. :) 

There is also the wyclif bible translated about 1380

;o) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the link, but I am looking for the Great Bible 1539. 

Also, just for future reference, is there a way to know what Accordance has? Neither @ukfraser or I could find Tyndale, so what did you actually type to find it? We both just knew it was there since we have it.

Hi @Kristin. I know you are specifically asking for the 1539 Great Bible, but have you taken a look at the Bishop's Bible? According to the product description, it's a 1568 revision of the Great Bible. It's also part of the Classics I Group, so you may already own it.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Steven S,

No, I don't own it, and I actually didn't know that about the connection between the Great and Bishop's. Thank you for the info!

• Like 1

@Kristin Correct about the Great Bible. I know you were searching the store for Tyndale and couldn't find it, so I wanted to give you the link.

If I can't find something through our in-house search, I'll use a search engine and type accordance then the module name, and I can usually find it. 

I also do that with the Accordance Forums by typing accordance forms then my thread search term, plus I do that with most forums I'm a member of. I've found forum engines do not have the most user-friendly search engines. :-)

I might make a QuickTip video on this sometime.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

If I can't find something through our in-house search, I'll use a search engine and type accordance then the module name, and I can usually find it. 

Hi Nathan, thanks for the idea, and you are correct. I just tried searching for "Accordance Bible Tyndale" and it came up. However, just from a pure marketing issue, obviously if people are at the Accordance store and looking for a product and it says "no results" most people will think it means "no results." I am sure I am not the only person who didn't buy something Accordance had since the store claimed it isn't there.

• Like 1