full screen bug (maybe old news?)

A. Smith

In full screen, my workspace gets squished out of bounds. I can bring it back by clicking in the offending pane. But if I swipe to a different space/desktop it reverts to overextending. This was the case on my Intel Mac and my shiny new m3. Latest release of v 14 at the moment. But this has been a problem for a while, since at least v13 I think. 

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 20.54.58.png

If you can send me the workspace file, I can try playing around with this.

It's a monster. But I love it. Bible Study.accord

Thanks! Is it happening when you go in or out of Full Screen? Going in Full Screen so far so good for me.

Going out of Full Screen does stretch the workspace for me, but I think that's because it was created on a larger display than mine.

8 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Thanks! Is it happening when you go in or out of Full Screen? Going in Full Screen so far so good for me.

Going out of Full Screen does stretch the workspace for me, but I think that's because it was created on a larger display than mine.

Yeah. Leaving full screen also over extends, but that's not entirely abnormal. Windows can push out however you like, typically. The issue I'm concerned with is full screen, where it's supposed to stay 'in bounds'. The problem recurs when I swipe from desktop or another FS app to the accordance space. Once I click in the app and begin working it resizes. Maybe the screen recording can help illustrate. 

Oh. Also, if I open control center or some other menu from the menubar (other than the 'three dots' of bartender), accordance will also snap back into proper size. Also, this is not an artifact of bartender. It's been happening for longer than I've been running that app.

I just tested this on my MacBook Air following your video. I can reproduce it. I don't know how we handle workspace-type stuff, but I'll ask around on this one and see if there's any kind of answer I can provide.

Is this the only workspace that does this, or do any of your other ones do it?

Have you tried creating other workspaces (both simple ones and more complex ones similar to this) to see if it happens to those?

8 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Is this the only workspace that does this, or do any of your other ones do it?

Have you tried creating other workspaces (both simple ones and more complex ones similar to this) to see if it happens to those?

This is generally the only workspace use unless I’m wanting to focus on only a pane or two, in which case I make a new workspace with 2-3 windows. I’ve never noticed the problem there. But I don’t do it often, so idk. 

Sounds good. Keep me posted on if you see it in other workspaces sometime or just this one.