Verb Occurrences

josephbradford

5 minutes ago, Ken Simpson said:

Not sad! Learning!

It's sad because I clicked on everything and read right over that line like 4 times. LOL

10 hours ago, josephbradford said:

It's sad because I clicked on everything and read right over that line like 4 times. LOL

Happens to us all!

On 5/22/2024 at 3:39 PM, josephbradford said:

Ok, so when I triple click, it's giving me every instance of δύναμαι. Not just the 19.

@accord I saw this after I posted. Thanks for the response though. It was appreciated very much.

And your solution gives me the 19! again, fantastic.

Good to know it helped.  Sad that Accordance, as smart as it is, won't provide that additional syntax on its own.

@accord Since you're on, is there a way to search all of my English bibles for the occurrence of a particular word?

Let's say that I wanted to find out which translations prefer particular translations of certain Greek words with English. Maybe something like search all my Bibles for soil. I might want to compare the usage of dirt and soil. 

1 hour ago, josephbradford said:

@accord Since you're on, is there a way to search all of my English bibles for the occurrence of a particular word?

Let's say that I wanted to find out which translations prefer particular translations of certain Greek words with English. Maybe something like search all my Bibles for soil. I might want to compare the usage of dirt and soil. 

I would use "Live Click". 

First, search your preferred English text for "soil".  Second, click on "soil" and the "Word Usage" panel ought to have a list of English bibles having the information you are wanting.  From there you can do additional research.

On 5/31/2024 at 9:53 AM, josephbradford said:

@accord's suggestion is fine and an easy way forward. I would use research confined to texts myself. You can even set up a custom group to do the research in. This gives my more flexibility in displaying parallel texts or compound searches (e.g. soil <AND> dirt).