Import PDFs into Accordance

ARhodes09

I'm new to Accordance. I found the user tool to import PDFs. I want to import some PDF Bibles i have. When I go to import the PDF, the result is only a few pictures and then "Pg. 1, Pg. 1, etc." in green color type but none  of the text is there. How do I fix this?

This is a known issue that will be fixed in a future update.

I copied the file path of a PDF on my Mac and pasted it into the Accordance Bible browser. Can I now download that file?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you clarify?

agreed with Nathan. If the PDF is already on your computer, you aren't downloading anything. Do you mean can I view it?

If that's so, you just need the file path (usually best to drag the pdf onto a browser then copy what's in the location bar).

This will make the pdf VIEWABLE in Accordance, but will not make it searchable. (At least not as far as I know)

I think I am just trying to find another way to get PDFs inside my Accordance Library. I know the import tool is buggy right now (green page numbers but no text).

I figured out how to make a stack with the path of a pdf on my computer. Through Google Drive.

I think my question is that once I have the path of the file loaded and I'm viewing it, can I somehow download the PDF inside Accordance without using the import tool?

You could view it in the built-in web browser, but you couldn't search it inside Accordance.

You could try converting the PDF to another format and importing that into Accordance as a temporary workaround. To my knowledge, other file formats are importing. Some PDFs are even importing successfully, but others aren't.

@Dr. Nathan Parker I rely heavily on importing PDFs, any update on when this issue will be fixed? Seems like it's been a known issue for a couple of weeks now.

It's been a known issue for a little bit. I don't have a specific ETA on it since our focus right now is getting syncing finished. Once we get syncing finished, it'll be the first thing I mention to our programmers to look at when we start looking at bug reports again.

• Like 1