Accordance User Survey: What is your "role" as an Accordance User?

Dr. Nathan Parker

I'm curious to what "role" our Accordance users primarily use Accordance for (if you have multiple "roles", feel free to post them). Pastors/Preachers, lay Christians involved in Bible study, students, professors, Greek or Hebrew scholars, etc.

Thanks!

I'm a layperson but do a little teaching as a small group leader at my church. However, I'm an academic researcher in the biological sciences, so I tend toward the nerdy / technical research approach out of pure desire. 

I'm just a layperson involved in Bible study.

Lay minister so take services, preach, home groups, special church studies during lent and advent etc. (normal collar so cant do magic over communion, marry or baptise but can bury them and any non communion formal liturgical services.)

personal study, bible, Christianity and church history with a bit of original languages.

1 hour ago, SWC said:

I'm just a layperson involved in Bible study.

Please dont consider 'just', you have a valued role. 

Edited by ukfraser

Bible student, lay preacher, author, translator, missionary. Perhaps "Wannabe" could be added to the front of all of that impressive list.

Lay Christian involved in Bible study.

I'm finally a "retired student". :-) Besides working for Accordance, I will likely do some teaching in Bible college or seminary sometime, although right now I'm working on publishing my PhD dissertation.

I pastor a small rural country church in northeastern North Carolina. Accordance is my main tool in my sermon preparation on a weekly basis!

Bob

• Like 1

Former pastoral staff, now lay leader teaching adult catechism classes, Bible studies, etc. 

Missionary Bible translator, teacher, student. 

Pastor, almost former doctoral student, hopefully soon to be adjunct college professor

Teacher at a college in the Bible area, www.nelson.sagu.edu

(undergraduate Bible doctrines, some guest preaching,) youtube channel on Bible topics: https://www.youtube.com/@BibleontheGo

Seminary professor, pastor

Personal interest/research primarily around Hebrew Bible and wider ANE texts (hint, hint)

Seminary professor (New Testament and Greek) and pastor. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2024 at 7:43 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

… right now I'm working on publishing my PhD dissertation.

You have my respect, Nathan! My brother has his doctorate, so I know what's involved. I'm praying right now for the Lord's help for you in completing that process.

I use Accordance for personal Bible study, and I put Everand books in the browser pane so I can highlight references in them, and right-click to Search In one of my Bible tabs. 

Edited by Christopher Smith

Pastor. I use Accordance primarily for preaching and Bible study prep.

7 hours ago, Christopher Smith said:

You have my respect, Nathan! My brother has his doctorate, so I know what's involved. I'm praying right now for the Lord's help for you in completing that process.

I use Accordance for personal Bible study, and I put Everand books in the browser pane so I can highlight references in them, and right-click to Search In one of my Bible tabs. 

Thanks! Once it's published, my goal is to offer it (as well as other books from that publisher) in Accordance. Still waiting to hear from the publisher on my dissertation.

I also use Everand on the side. Good idea about putting it in the Accordance web browser. I keep it around for books I only read once and don't need to read again (since my library's e-resources are OK but not extensive).

Bible Student, Post-secondary Bible School Administrator, Professor, Preacher

I'm primarily a researcher and professor. 

I make own PODCASTS (on FB and YT). I to a large degree draw inspiration and quotes from books I have, for them.

I have just started reviewing books, see:
Pillar New Testament Commentary (17 Volumes, 5 Revised) (October 2023) - Accordance (accordancebible.com)
NICNT: The Gospel of John, by J. Ramsey Michaels (2010) - Accordance (accordancebible.com)

And I sing in two churchchoirs. In one of them I don't understand the language of the sermons and won't learn it, but can sing in. I can consider going to some more Church just for the experience and sermons and Biblestudies, too, but I feel a bit ashamed IF I can't contribute. I don't necessarily want to voice religious aspects of live if I would say something in things like Biblestudies.

And I am accountant of the student union's board.

I have got all the books I wanted and needed, and now during 2024 am not buying more, just three more books - that's gonna be during second half of May. it is possible for me to research, read closely, find satisfying answers to whatever I may wonder. I read regularly. I don't take notes other than for the purpose of producing my podcasts, but I might want to do highlights - later on 2025. I make efficient use of time for example in the commuter traffic. I don't have a need to discuss religious things. I do read Scriptures privately, and in total I have read them a lot. I do show it openly when I am carrying Scriptures.

ACCORDANCE HAS THE RIGHT WORKFLOW AND I LOVE THE EASE OF BUYING AND OFTEN BUY AT REGULAR PRICE.

Use it daily for personal study. Love the app. So easy to use, highlighting tools and user notes have made study much more effective. Take my pad everywhere. Easy to dive straight in and out. It has been a great blessing.