Tagged NRSVue

Mitchell Lewis

It would be great to have the NRSVue tagged. Any idea if this is in the works? 

• Like 1

There's been plenty of customer feedback on this. We wouldn't be able to in-house tag the NRSVue at the moment due to time constraints, but if someone can find us a source file of a NRSVue tagged that we could convert into Accordance format, we can look into it. I could try working on it as one of my Bible projects.

• 1 month later...

Just checking up on the request for a tagged NRSVue...  Would love to add to my Accordance library!

Does anyone know of a source for the tagging for an NRSVue? I'll be doing some Bible development coming up. I won't be proficient enough to do my own tagging, but if there's a source for tagging, I could see if I could import it in.

I'm thinking it may be a matter of using your NRSV tagging and then just make changes where NRSVue has changed words.

Tagging in the NRSV is iffy at times i remember pointing out a couple places that had deviated from the traditional text and pointed out the original text and i don’t remember it being updated. I know one spot was in the psalms and another spot was in 1 samual 10:27b. If they are unwilling to fix such minor omissions i hardly think they would spend any time transposing it to the nrsvue. Logos has not tagged this either and Olivetree has it partially tagged. Accordance has always labeled it self as a premier tool for original language research so I was very disappointed when no action was taken to fix theses minor issues. Through commentaries I have been able to dive into the Hebrew behind these but it is a shame that a company like accordance can’t take a bit of time to update the omissions. 

dan

Have these been sent to Report Corrections, or do you have a list of examples? 

I can look into these when I start Bible development and see if it's anything I can fix. I'd like to work on corrections like these in between Bible projects since it would sharpen my development skillset, while also getting a few trains moving along the tracks.

Posted (edited)

I bumped the original request, as noted the psalm verse is already tagged properly in the NiV. 

Edited by Daniel Francis

Thanks!