Atlas: Please make Syria and Nabatea full regions/Address lack of Region mapping for Syrian Antioch and Seleucia

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Today I was trying to set up a map to accompany daily readings related to Paul's journeys.  Specifically I wanted to show both the regions of Pisidia and of Syria to distinguish Pisidian Antioch and Syrian Antioch.  But I could not find a way to show the Syria (sub)region the same way other (sub)regions are shown in the "NT Palestine" Region Layer.

While other subregions in NT Palestine can change color and fill and  show/hide drawing, Syria and Nabatea only allow for "hide name". All the other controls are inoperative and greyed out. (see screenshot below) At first I thought those regions didn't appear at all.  But when I scrolled the map down to show Palestine, I found the region names but no borders.

This means that currently there is no way to create a map that lays out all the regions of Paul's journeys: one can turn on the NT Asia Minor and NT Greece region layers, but Syrian Antioch and Seleucia will not be in an identifiable region.  (See Screenshot below) Please address this somehow.

(I do realize that I could create a User layer, but to include a boundary requires both research and fiddly time drawing said boundary.  Having it included as a true subregion would be so much better!)

Just in case this might be a bug, I'm working in Accordance 14.0.9 (Aleph) on an Intel Mac.  But on my Windows 10 machine in the office, I see the same thing (although it's not quite so obvious that the Color and Fill drop downs are disabled, as only the down arrows are greyed out on the Windows machine, not the entire drop-down)

image.thumb.png.cc8c623786c4ff200be6f0900a00ced8.png

image.thumb.png.87f928710b1ebe263d687fb223f551a6.png

• Like 2

Thanks for this feedback! We'll file it.